Discuss anything related to The Sims 4 in this forum.

The Sims 4 News

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
So I heard the 13th of June will be the day we'll get more Sims 4 news!! Wooo!

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
But even though I'm glad we will hear more then. But I am not sure if that is a yay :( June seems a bit late for news :( I'm sure those months will go by fast, but with a release in fall, which is sept/oct/nov, so when seeing it in that light, I think it's a bit late :(

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Agreed. I am not sure what EA's reasons are for postponing it for so long. I think they want to wow us. And so far a lot of people have been really negative about The Sims 4. So in that sense, I think I understand why they are building up to "the moment" which I think (hope?) is the 13th of June...

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
I do understand the want to build up a WOW!
But at the same time, my own WOW has practically disappeared (though I'm sure I will get sucked back in right away again). The Sims 4 is not better or worse with or without info. It's just it seems so contradicting what they have said. I remember that they said: We want to do this WITH you, and bla bla bla bla. While there has been a Chinese wall since August.
I would have been more understanding had they not said those kind of things from May to August and then let it sizzle off for 7 months.
I just find it strange. But I will probably still buy the game, because there is just something wrong with me (according to my brother haha)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Agreed on the Chinese wall. I mean it was AMAZING to be there in August, but I've not heard anything about The Sims 4 ever since, at least not directly. Only some rumours and some interviews here and there.

At the same time I don't get why people have started to cancel their orders. That's certainly not going to speed up the news. I don't think that helps at all.

I think there is something wrong with me as well lol. I pre-ordered the CE and not changing my mind about that (unless they suddenly change the price or something like that :p )

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
Haha I have pre ordered the premium edition. I'm curious for that book :)

Has anyone read the official Sims magazine yet? It was just as I expected. They empathized on the emotions the Sims will get but hardly anything that was actual news.
Though, the insane trait will make a (re)appearance, with moodlets in Simlish, which sounds fun.

What was new though is that they have taken Simlish even further. Cameron said: "We've expanded the lexicon, created specific 'slang' for different Sam age groups, and placed more focus on object-specific terminology"
That seems pretty cool.

And the possibility of tea brewing? At the end of Graham Nardones interview it stated that Sims could burst out crying during the middle of doing something as mundane as brewing a pot of tea.
But maybe that was just a example of something mundane, and not an example of something (new) in the Sims. I do hope it's in there though. Many wanted it.

So... What do you guys think? Does this satisfy the need of more/new info?

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Well I think at this point anything is considered news lol. I did enjoy the magazine but I didn't expect a lot of news.

But the new Sims 4 guru icons this week and the new render made the community a bit more active again, I'd say. And I decided to update my icon on various social media sites as well, which is now a Sims 4 sim of myself ^^

Can't wait for more news! E3 is coming soon at least!

Gnome Collector
96 Posts

I like what they did with the title haha.
May the 4th be with you! (Star Wars!)

And because not everyone has seen or knows all the characters of Star Wars (even though they should!) I've placed all the names of the characters who they were meant to represent (or at least, who I think they represent)

I especially like C-3P0. Before I noticed that it was meant to be Star Wars I thought what a weird posture! I hope it's not like that in the game! But once I figured it out, I thought it was really clever and shows him off really well!

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
I just love this render! Some hairstyles look really great and others... don't XD Still not a real fan of the hair but oh well. I'll get used to it. The Sims really improved a lot. Some people should stop saying stupid things about the graphics of The Sims 4.

And I don't like Star Wars. I've watched it once and I disliked it with passion. It's not my cup of tea but this render is pretty sweet to celebrate Star Wars Day!

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
ERMAGERD! Bella and Mortimer :D They look young and very attractive in a way. And they also said they will be releasing a new video next wednesday! Can't wait see it! So excited for everything now... Looks like EA is starting to promote The Sims 4 now. :D Image

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts

The Goths are back in The Sims 4 <3
Forgot to post it yesterday. Well I didn't really forget, I was kinda busy lol. I did post it on FB.

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
I'm a bit torn about the announcement of a new trailer/video that will come wednesday. I'm obviously curious and excited to see new things :) But I'm a bit disappointed it's a CAS video :( I was kinda hoping for some gameplay or maybe even building. But I still can't wait :)

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
Woot a few more new Sims 4 avatars! Because I confuse them now while I still have to get used to their 'new' faces. I made a compilation with their SimGuru names.

Missing 1 more to make it symmetrical again, but I'm sure more will follow soon :)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts

Here's the newest CAS screen! So happy to see newsworthy things again :P

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
Even though I'm not a tattoo fan, I still love that tattoo! It looks so real! It's not a sticky tattoo like in the Sims 3. It's a great improvement!

• Stats