Discuss anything related to The Sims 4 in this forum.

The Sims 4 News

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
I thought it would be handy dandy to have a topic where we can discuss new The Sims 4 news, without making a new topic each time we get some new information.

So to start off... what did you guys think of the "ancient" Sims 4 concept art? I'm glad they kept working on the look :) haha and give me a bit hope that they are still working on it. (HAIR!)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Oh yes I saw this on Twitter. And was also pretty sure I had seen it before. To be honest I don't necessarily see teens here (because that was what all the fuss was about). And agreed, glad they're still working on the look. :D The only "issues" I have with this so far is that the hair looks very static and plastic - which unlike many others, I don't think is the case for the rest of the sims. And the other "issue" I have is the upper lip, which does not seem to move much from what I've seen. :p It's not something you see on these (or other pictures) but it's visible in the demos we've been shown so far.

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
Yeah it's getting there. At first (back at the announcement in May) I didn't like how the Sims looked AT ALL! But almost a year has passed, and they are growing on me. I like how they look now, the proportions are good and realistic :happy: It's very detailed. Accept for the hair. Although even the hair is growing on me too. I don't like how 'blocky' the ends look. The clothes are very detailed, and the top of the hair seems to look fairly detailed too, why not the ends? But who knows, they might tweek that a bit. I don't need seperate strands of hair. Just not one block of colour :)

I think it's best seen with this sim:

Near the roots of the hair it's fairly detailed, you see depth. But at the ends they just stopped.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Yes I agree! I think the hair will change over time tbh. But I think they were more focused on the body "sliders" at first and are saving the hair for later. I hope... haha :p The hair looks a bit out of place compared to the rest of the face/body.

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
Yeah it does. The face and clothes look very detailed. While the hair in comparison is a bit "meh". I think and hope it'll improve too though. A good texture would go miles!

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
I've seen that picture some months ago and I thought these were Sims from The Sims Freeplay or something like that haha. And yes, I'm really happy that they keep changing The Sims a bit. Ofcourse they will stay with that cartoony/Simish look but it sure will look better and I really hope they will change the hair because it's just not really that greay looking in my opinion... :p

Team Llama
265 Posts
I agree with rosie. The hair looks plastic i hope that will change. otherwise i love the new feathers at create a sim.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
SimGuruLauren is back for now:
Hey everyone!!! I'm back working on The Sims 4! At least for a while longer ;)

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
That is wonderful! :) Hope "a while longer" means the same as "soon" when it comes to the Sims 4. haha. It's been so long since official news!!

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
That is wonderful! :) Hope "a while longer" means the same as "soon" when it comes to the Sims 4. haha. It's been so long since official news!!
Ikr! It's about time for some new Sims 4 news! It's been way too long.. >_>

Nooboo
10 Posts
I've seen that top. And i can say in advance it's going to be one of my favourites. I wonder if it's the top i thought about though... It could be a Formalwear dress, or the top i saw. But that one had the "strap" on the left shoulder... :/

Gnome Collector
96 Posts

I actually hadn't seen this image before. haha. I had seen similar images with the same sims, but not in with this posture. Or maybe I have and just don't remember

Nooboo
10 Posts
Okay, that outfit looks like it's just drawn on her.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Well EA is known for enhancing their renders, so I wouldn't be surprised if this dress was enhanced as well haha. :p

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
Haha true. But still images are way easier to render than a video/game :) So who blames them? I do it too when I'm rendering a product haha

• Stats