Discuss anything related to The Sims 4 in this forum.

Rabbit Holes and Community Lots in TheSims 4

Nooboo
10 Posts
Not disagreeing with you, but my sims would not have enough time to do anything if the shopping had to be done manually...

And there are so many new jobs to be thought of and rabbitholes assigned to these. What about a circus with entertainer career? Different branches like clown or lion tamer, and it works like the theater - sims can go there to spend time watching something for entertainment but then more family-like.

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
Not disagreeing with you, but my sims would not have enough time to do anything if the shopping had to be done manually...

And there are so many new jobs to be thought of and rabbitholes assigned to these. What about a circus with entertainer career? Different branches like clown or lion tamer, and it works like the theater - sims can go there to spend time watching something for entertainment but then more family-like.
I kind of agree with you, but it would be cool to have an open grocery store and such?! And these ones sound pretty neat, but I think that the circus will fit in an Expansion Pack instead of the base game.

Nooboo
10 Posts

I kind of agree with you, but it would be cool to have an open grocery store and such?! And these ones sound pretty neat, but I think that the circus will fit in an Expansion Pack instead of the base game.
Yes, it would be awesome indeed! I'm just thinking of a scenario with what you would and wouldn't need to do... Like picking a shopping cart and such... But that, combined with the different walking styles would indeed assure some interesting scenes!

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
I agree, I don't mind the careers to be rabbit holes, but Grocery, bookstore and stuff like that would be awesome if they opened it up. (though, maybe that would mean losing the part-time jobs?)

For some reason I get the idea there is a big change that will happen. And for this reason, I remember hearing somewhere clothes get a pricetag, so Sims could feel special in there awesome new EXPENSIVE dress. Though I have no source where I got that from, simply because I don't remember. So there might be a change I made it up haha. anyways. pricetags on clothes, would hopefully mean: Clothingshops!

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
I agree, I don't mind the careers to be rabbit holes, but Grocery, bookstore and stuff like that would be awesome if they opened it up. (though, maybe that would mean losing the part-time jobs?)

For some reason I get the idea there is a big change that will happen. And for this reason, I remember hearing somewhere clothes get a pricetag, so Sims could feel special in there awesome new EXPENSIVE dress. Though I have no source where I got that from, simply because I don't remember. So there might be a change I made it up haha. anyways. pricetags on clothes, would hopefully mean: Clothingshops!
Yeah I agree with you! I don't mind the careers to be rabbit holes either. I have like no clue how they are going to do that if these careers opened up. Maybe they can still add that "part time job" to these opened up stores. Just send your teens to work and let them stand behind the cash register or let them buy products to fill up the empty shells...

And yeah! I read that somewhere too! I can't wait to hear more about that... :D

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
I found where again: The Sims official magazine, issue 4. :) :biggrin:

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Not necessarily. It could be like the mixology "career" where you can still see your sim at work? But you might not be able to control everything your Sim does while at work. Perhaps. I can see that happening!
<3 Yes!

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
True, it could work! :) Just stand behind the register, like those NPC in World Adventures. Or indeed, like the Mixology "career" :)

But to be honest, I wouldn't mind giving up the part-time careers if that meant getting 'open' shops. Maybe they could make some full-time careers both full-time and part-time. Like in RL

Nooboo
12 Posts
Hmm... I'm really curious about this. I hope they'll get rid off the most rabbit holes like the grocery store, book store and the spa to mention a few. I know they can't get rid of the most RHs but I'd love to see an open grocery store where you can see other Sims walking around and buying groceries. Or a clothing store where your Sims are able to try on clothes. That was one of the things I loved from The Sims 1 and The Sims 2. What are your thoughts about this? And what community lots would you love to see in TheSims 4?
We can hope there'll no longer be Rabbit Holes in The Sims 4 according to this ""The creators did not officially spoken out about the rabbit burrows. I'm not allowed to talk about the news that I met outside the official shows. Without much comment except to say that you will be satisfied."" :)

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
Hmm... I'm really curious about this. I hope they'll get rid off the most rabbit holes like the grocery store, book store and the spa to mention a few. I know they can't get rid of the most RHs but I'd love to see an open grocery store where you can see other Sims walking around and buying groceries. Or a clothing store where your Sims are able to try on clothes. That was one of the things I loved from The Sims 1 and The Sims 2. What are your thoughts about this? And what community lots would you love to see in TheSims 4?

We can hope there'll no longer be Rabbit Holes in The Sims 4 according to this ""The creators did not officially spoken out about the rabbit burrows. I'm not allowed to talk about the news that I met outside the official shows. Without much comment except to say that you will be satisfied."" :)
Wel... That's interesting >_> :D

• Stats