Discuss anything related to The Sims 4 in this forum.

The Sims 4 Expansion Packs Ideas

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
Hey Simmers! I'm pretty curious what your dream Expansion Packs are and what kind of Expansion Packs you really want to see in The Sims 4...

I would love to see a Sports Expansion Pack or a FunTime Expansion Pack...
The Sims 4 Sports Expansion Pack:
Live your Sims' lifes with Sport! Play Soccer, Basketball, Tennis, Karaté or Golf.
Find the hidden talent in your Sim and send them to after school activities to practise their favourite sport! Once they get older, they are able to unlock more activities like joining matches and once they're an adult they are able to win money and giant cups and live like a famous sporter!

The Sims 4 FunTime Expansion Pack:
Add Fun to your Sims' lifes with Amusement Parks, Water Parks, Zoos and Bungalow Parks. Visit the Amusement Parks and Water Parks to have tons of fun! Go to the zoos to learn more about the Animals that live around the world! Or book a Bungalow with your family to relax and do fun acitivities in the Bungalow Park like Wall Climbing, Saunas and more!

Hehe these are my dream Expansion Packs and it would be AweSim to see one of them for The Sims 4! Share your dream Expansion Pack with us in the Forums! :-D

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
These sound like amazing ideas Djeranotjuh :D I'd love to see these packs become reality!

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
Let's hope! :D it would be really AweSim!

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts

Bring back IKEA.
Nearly everyone has something from IKEA. I have A LOT from IKEA and I love it. I really miss this pack in The Sims 3. All the store content does not replace the desire for an IKEA pack.

And the obvious packs:

Pets
This time with dogs, cats, horses. But also: BUNNIES and the like. And while we're at it. Make it a farm life kind of pack where you can also have sheep and chickens.

Seasons
Weather, what else?

Vacation
Perhaps combine that with Seasons? Since people tend to go on a holiday during their time off. And they usually have time off during summer break or Christmas holiday etc. I could see boats and islands in this pack as well.

Fantasy (magic & supernatural)
Does this need explaining haha. A supernatural pack, but then for Sims 4!

Entrepreneur
As fun as it is in TS3, we can't have shops like in Open for Business. I really miss being able to have a shop at home or elsewhere and sell your vegetables, or paintings, or build your own restaurant and all that. Resorts in Island Paradise are a lot of fun, but it's not OFB. They could combine Open for Business, Ambitions and perhaps a bit of Island Paradise in this. As I think it all goes well together.

Kitchen & Bath pack
I loved Master Suite Stuff, but we don't have enough (modern) variation in the kitchen and bathroom.

City Life?
Like a combination between Apartment Life, Late Night, Nightlife, Hot Date, High-End Loft Stuff and Town Life Stuff. So basically really a downtown pack with city elements. With apartments, lofts, also aimed at community lots. And going out with friends or your date.

Education
A pack with not only university and college (yes, there is a difference), but also private schools, pre-schools, lots of clutter and deco items for class rooms, build-your-own-classroom, stuff like that.

I have more ideas lol but I'll post them later. :)

Silly Social Bunny
51 Posts
I'm going to agree with Rosana, definitely with 'Fantasy'. I'm a huge fan of the witches and fairies in the sims and I hope they get more options in the sims 4. I loved Supernatural, but I still think they put too little options in it for the creatures. :')

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Hahaha really? I was soooo happy with the gazillion new creatures in Supernatural. But I agree there can never be enough of them :p

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
Rosie! You forgot something... I would love to have a Stuff Pack filled with clothes and bedroom stuff for todds, kids and teens. These 3 age groups really got left out in The Sims 3.

And what about a Time Travel Expansion Pack with 3 Time Periods in it instead of one? Medieval, The Wild West and The Future... Or you mix the Vacation EP with TheSims On Vacation, TheSims 2 Bon Voyage, The Sims 3 World Adventures and The Sims 3 Island Paradise...?

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Yeah that would be nice indeed. However we won't know until they announce their EP plans :p

To be honest I want era packs. So an expansion (not a stuff pack, there simply aren't enough items in the stuff packs these days) with items for the 20s/30s, 40s/50s, 60s/70s, 80s/90s and 00s lol). I mean where are the inflatable chairs and disco dance cages? :p

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
I totally agree! Or these stuff packs should be more like the ones from TheSims 2. These ones were filled with tons of fun and nice content for the game. Gotta love those disco dance cages!

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Oh yeah I should totally play with Party again. Recreating the old houses lately has made me realize just how much I miss certain things.

The downside with store content is that people in general think that it's too expensive and therefore don't want to buy it. Even if they find a way to get the stuff in their game, it's often modified so that when I use stuff in my houses, it won't show up right for others because these people don't use the officially bought sets. Therefore, I cannot use them in houses I create for others, which is nearly always the case... Stuff packs is also tricky but there are more people who own these. Still though I prefer jam packed expansions! :)

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
True that... You'll never know who actually bought those sets or stuff packs... But the store is indeed expensive. And I usually don't download stuff from other people.. It happens very often when I do download creations from other simmers. I'd rather create something than download something. And totally agree on that one! I'd love to see pack filled with tons of fun content and gameplay for your Sims! I don't like random stuff though (Unrealistic-ish stuff or random stuff that just don't belong to the pack or stuff that doesn't fit with any set in the game...) But that's my opinion hehe :p

Nooboo
8 Posts
I got to many ideas for EP's but I totally agree with Supernatural! :p
Coming soon....

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
True that... You'll never know who actually bought those sets or stuff packs... But the store is indeed expensive. And I usually don't download stuff from other people.. It happens very often when I do download creations from other simmers. I'd rather create something than download something. And totally agree on that one! I'd love to see pack filled with tons of fun content and gameplay for your Sims! I don't like random stuff though (Unrealistic-ish stuff or random stuff that just don't belong to the pack or stuff that doesn't fit with any set in the game...) But that's my opinion hehe :p
I am the same btw. I hardly ever download any CC these days. I did download a lot of it for The Sims way back when. And I downloaded quite a bit for The Sims 2. But I tried it for TS3 once, and ended up with a sticky counter? Lol not gonna happen again :p Besides like yourself I like to be able to create things myself. I love the freedom of the game that we are able to create awesome CC.
I got to many ideas for EP's but I totally agree with Supernatural! :p
To be honest I love that The Sims has so much variety, including supernatural beings and what not. The game shouldn't be too realistic, that takes out all the fun for me :p

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
I am the same btw. I hardly ever download any CC these days. I did download a lot of it for The Sims way back when. And I downloaded quite a bit for The Sims 2. But I tried it for TS3 once, and ended up with a sticky counter? Lol not gonna happen again :p Besides like yourself I like to be able to create things myself. I love the freedom of the game that we are able to create awesome CC.
Yep! I had tons and tons of CC for The Sims 1 and The Sims 2 (Whoops more than 10000 files for TheSims 2 only). Gladly I don't have that sticky counter. It's almost like a virus but then for Sims haha!
Besides like yourself I like to be able to create things myself. I love the freedom of the game that we are able to create awesome CC.
And I totally feel the same way! I just love CASt... It's a bit buggy sometimes but it sure is a great feature! It's a shame they won't add this to The Sims 4 :(

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I'm hoping for a similar feature in TS4. I know it sounds silly but I wouldn't mind missing CASt if we get tools to create our own CC. In that case, I am all for the removal of CASt. I made so much CC for The Sims 2 back in the day. I have to admit I sometimes miss the freedom I had with TS2 when it came to CC. It's awesome that you can pretty much recolor/CASt everything in TS3, but bedding for example is always a pattern, never an actual print. Stuff like that.

• Stats