Just old stuff we’re not ready to get rid of!

Public Away Thread

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
If you know you're going away for a while, or something is happening to you which you think we should be informed about, this is a topic you can use to let us know about it.

I'll start.

I'm really sick. I've been in bed most of the day and I feel as if I've got a fever (probably flu?) I didn't get my flu-shot. I've been missing those since 2006... I should get one. But well my point is that I'm sick and I thought you guys should know. I'd love to play Spore and work on the site but I can't. :( Sorry

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
By the way... I don't think it's too late to get a flu shot! Just wait until you're well again since flu shots can aggreviate already excisting symptoms.

As for me... well I'm away quite often for my work. It might happen that you suddenly don't see me for weeks. Don't worry, I didn't get eaten by an epic, I am just away and will be back soon. If in any doubt, ask Karybdis. ;-)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Resie wrote:OK< take care and get better soon.
By the way... I don't think it's too late to get a flu shot! Just wait until you're well again since flu shots can aggreviate already excisting symptoms.

As for me... well I'm away quite often for my work. It might happen that you suddenly don't see me for weeks. Don't worry, I didn't get eaten by an epic, I am just away and will be back soon. If in any doubt, ask Karybdis. ;-)

Will do. I know that you travel a lot for your work. So I understand it if you're gone for a while.
I am currently looking for one particular doctor. My current doctor doesn't help me with anything. I've had a tip from some people for a doctor suitable for me. But I can't find her online. Weird. I know her name, but I can't find the address and phone number. When we do find it, I will ask for a flu shot.
In 2006, I had moved away from my hometown to another town because I could no longer live with my mom. I moved into a dorm because of college. I kept the same doctor all this time, but the letter for a flu shot never came (or maybe it came too late, I can't remember exactly). In 2007, we basically just moved here, me being 8 months pregnant, so I didn't have a chance for a flu shot then. And this time, well, my doctor doesn't take me serious in anything :confused: so it's time to find another.

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
If you call them and tell them you want a flu shot, they have no right to refuse. Either you have a medical indication (like diabetes, heart problems, etc.) and your insurance pays for it, or you have no medical indication and you pay for it. Either way, they have no right to refuse it to you.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Resie wrote:If you call them and tell them you want a flu shot, they have no right to refuse. Either you have a medical indication (like diabetes, heart problems, etc.) and your insurance pays for it, or you have no medical indication and you pay for it. Either way, they have no right to refuse it to you.

Asthma patients should get it for free - I used to anyway.
They did not refuse that particular request. They have refused other things. I felt something disturbing in my right breast and we called the doctor about it. He won't even let me pay him a visit so he can check what's wrong. I mean... :confused: how can you refuse something like that?

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
Doctors... when will some of them learn to take women seriously? I hear this kind of thing too often! :ugh:

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Resie wrote:Doctors... when will some of them learn to take women seriously? I hear this kind of thing too often! :ugh:

That's one of the many reasons I'm getting myself another doctor. Hopefully one who sees I have some serious health issues (and I've tried enough on my own to solve the problems I have). I need some help, I'm just not getting it from my current doctor. It's disturbing :(

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
There are some good doctors out there! Don't give up, just go find a new doc!

• Stats