Just old stuff we’re not ready to get rid of!

New SporeNetwork Forum Theme

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
We won't be able to release our entire new Spore websites network before the worldwide release date. I had the idea I could pull this off. And perhaps I could have made it before the release date. But I have many things on my to-do-list. Spore just isn't the only thing and I hope you guys understand this.

Seth is growing fast and before I knew it, he could get up and now he's walking with our guidance. I don't think I have to explain this any further. Seth is just something I put first. Whenever he has a bad day, my days are bad as well. And on those bad days, I can't get any work done.

Besides our lovely son, we also have some financial struggles. I don't think it needs any explanation, but to make myself clear; we can't pay our bills, which means I will have to work on paid projects first - then later on relax a little so I won't get a burn out again and after that, I can work on other projects. Don't get me wrong here, I love working on the Spore sites, but it doesn't pay the bills at all, therefore I will have to put this last on the list.

But the good news is that our forum has a wicked new theme, same looks as the new site will have. I REALLY hope you will like it. I spent quite a few days on this one.

I have also made new (mainly extra) ranks, more about this can be read in this topic.

There is a chance that I have overlooked some things in the current layout. If you run into anything that should get fixed, let me know in this topic or through PM. Please be clear and if you can, send along a screenshot/printscreen with the issues that need fixing!

I also have to add that I haven't made Dutch buttons yet, so they will remain English for now. I will fix those this week, before the new site launches! « They have changed. In case you don't see any changes - refresh the page a few times. Should work fine now :)

Crumplebottom's New Obsession
2748 Posts
It really looks amazing Roos!!! i'm in awe ;)

Team Llama
410 Posts
OMG I NEVER have seen such an Ugly bad designed forum..... also I tent to need a psychiatrist :P

No JK Roos, its simply "Rosana" you know what I mean by that, for those who don't , it means "simply awesome" and the power of 10 :)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Thanks guys :D I'm happy you like it! :jump:

Team Llama
410 Posts

Team Llama
408 Posts
Rosana wrote:Thanks guys :D I'm happy you like it! :jump:

We don't like it.

We LOVE it!
Webmaster The Sims Zone - Webmaster The Spore Zone - Blokjeseliminator - SNWeblogs!

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
dekdes wrote:Already frontpage news ;) :)

Thanks DeKDeS! I appreciate it a lot :D

ChEeTaH wrote:
Rosana wrote:Thanks guys :D I'm happy you like it! :jump:

We don't like it.

We LOVE it!

Thank you :nod1:

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
I don't know what it looked like before, but I like this! :D

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Resie wrote:I don't know what it looked like before, but I like this! :D

Well compared to what we had the past few months on this particular forum... It wasn't bad. But it was all white-ish and just didn't have any Spore or "Rosie" feeling to it. I wanted to create a theme to fit the new site design (you'll see it soon enough).
But it's definitely better than the forums we have on the main site right now. I will close them down tonight. I may put up a "come back in a few days" sign on the site until it's finished.

Team Llama
299 Posts
Rosana wrote: just didn't have any Spore or "Rosie" feeling to it. I wanted to create a theme to fit the new site design (you'll see it soon enough).

We need a little bit of that "Rosie" style/feeling in all our design :)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Rosana wrote: just didn't have any Spore or "Rosie" feeling to it. I wanted to create a theme to fit the new site design (you'll see it soon enough).

We need a little bit of that "Rosie" style/feeling in all our design :)

People keep saying that a design looks like it's "rosie" when they look at it (people who know me of course), what is it exactly, that gives away that it's a design by me? the design itself? colors? something else? /curious :p

Team Llama
412 Posts

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
I think it's mainly the use of color and the welldone 3d-ish images. You seem to like dark colors, like brown and black. :)

Team Llama
299 Posts
Rosana wrote: what is it exactly, that gives away that it's a design by me? the design itself? colors? something else? /curious :p

I don't really know. Its just that rosie factor! I guess its the colour combination, (not so much color, as i've seen it all), though all your colours do seem to share some tone or something (forgets the term). It's also the detail, care and love that goes into it :)

Team Llama
410 Posts
People keep saying that a design looks like it's "rosie" when they look at it (people who know me of course), what is it exactly, that gives away that it's a design by me? the design itself? colors? something else? /curious :p

stylistics, Professional , eye candy , thats Rosie style.

Oh I do not want to suck up, why should I, If you want some criticism then I can also say that, but mostly because you are a good friend I try to be carefull in my words not to offend or give you a bad feeling, already did that ones with my comment on your Creature code.

But you know I can be a bit negative towards your design too... for instance though the sims part of snw looks good, I personally think its too dark for me, I have problems with brownisch text on a brown background, I rather see it like here, this forums are clear, better to see colors. But then again, thats not the reason why i never posted that much on the sims site, the reason is that i'm not into the sims at all, heck I do not even post much on our own website and those are colors I've picked out :)

The sporesite here is much brighter, I like it that way :)

• Stats