Just old stuff we’re not ready to get rid of!

Added flags on each forum!

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I added country flags on each forum! :yay:

The English forums - US flag
I don't hate the UK flag, it's just that I often talk/type/write in American English, not British. And well, US is slightly bigger, so we may end up with more US users anyway.

The Dutch forums - NL flag
In this case it makes all the sense I chose the NL flag in stead of i.e. the Belgium flag. I'm Dutch, so I'll use the flag for the country I'm living in.

The purpose of the flags is quite obvious. This board is now in two languages. The English forums are on top, so American/British/People from other countries than The Netherlands and Belgium can talk in those forums. Dutch and Flemish people are welcome to join us in the English forums of course. I assume the English forums will grow bigger than the Dutch forums. So I decided to put the Dutch forums on the bottom!

=== EDIT ===
I have also updated all the English main categories with the short code [EN} in front of every title. The same goes for Dutch main categories, but of course with the short code [NL] ;-) This is definitely necessary. I found out about it when I was browsing one of our "Spore [PC/Mac] » Spore Lounge" forums. Two forums with the exact same names in both languages, that didn't make it any easier. So that's why I had to make this change. The codes are fairly short so you shouldn't find them disturbing.
Last edited by Rosana on Aug 17, 2011 2:06am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Added language codes [NL] and [EN] to main categories, for extra clarity.

Team Llama
299 Posts

I'd fight for the UK flag, but then that may sound anti-American flag and I'd probably end up getting arrested as a terrorist :P

Joking aside its fine. The Americans win this day :)

Crumplebottom's New Obsession
2748 Posts

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Thanks both! Maybe I should go for a poll someday, when we have an fairly equal amount of US and UK members, and ask everyone which they'd prefer.

Anyway, either one, it's still a lot better to overlook the forums now :woot:

Team Llama
299 Posts
It's fine with the American flag hehe. You could've done a split one but I don't think it'll work :P Tis' Fine!

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts

• Stats