Just old stuff we’re not ready to get rid of!

I want your help: ranks!

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
We used to have ranks on the old Spore websites, but those aren't as fun. I figured it's not only time for a new forum, it's also time for new rank names. I'd love for the members to think of names. When we have a list complete, we can arrange them and start using them! Show some ideas! :nod1:

Team Llama
299 Posts
I think it would be nice for a range of ranks that goes throughout the spore stages. Maybe something like

Single Cell
Rock pool Champion
Sporeling
Supreme Creature
Tribal Chieftain
Civilisation Master
Galactic Overlord
~Custom name (uber rank)

I don't know :P Tis' an idea.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Thanks Hexer, it's certainly appreciated. I think I may use them :D
Perhaps we can add a bit more. But these are a very nice set to begin with! :applause:

Team Llama
299 Posts
Yea :) I know the list is a little short. Kinda wracking my brains for ideas inbetween.

Team Llama
408 Posts

• Single Cell Amoeba
  • Tasty Clump
  • Rock pool Champion
  • Sporeling
  • Supreme Creature
  • Tribal Chieftain
  • Driving Pack leader
  • Civilisation Master
  • Flying Explorer
  • Galactic Overlord
  • ~Custom name (uber rank)
Webmaster The Sims Zone - Webmaster The Spore Zone - Blokjeseliminator - SNWeblogs!

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts

Team Llama
299 Posts

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I think I'm going to make some rank images today! :woot:

Team Llama
299 Posts
Rosana wrote:I think I'm going to make some rank images today! :woot:

:jump: *Gets excited* :jump:

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I was busy making them yesterday. But then I figured it would also be a good idea to work on the new site again. The layout is almost done (first I made a sketch, with pen and paper, I'm that devoted, yes :woot: then I made a digital prototype in Fireworks. After that I exported some images (like the header base and some small items). Next was the HTML. Now I'm creating the CSS along with it. When that's done, I'm off to make a Drupal theme. Somehow, that's the final step for the website (its looks anyway). But I also have to make a separate theme for the forums.

I'm almost done with the CSS btw, so it won't take long now :bounce: :jump:

Team Llama
299 Posts

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Having problems finding an option for 10k post users to choose their own rank. I cannot find it. Perhaps phpBB3 doesn't support this :unsure:

Team Llama
410 Posts
Nothing to add or subtract, those are great rank names. :yay:

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I've added them already. Still have to make nice images, but I'm sure you all know that won't be a problem :D
The problem of the custom rank name still remains though.

We could add a usergroup for users which they will automatically be added to after a certain amount of posts. And give permissions to users in that group to change their own rank name. Problem is, that option isn't available in the admin section. We tried finding a mod/hack so we can add this but it just isn't there (yet). If anyone has ideas, please share them.

• Stats