Just old stuff we’re not ready to get rid of!

What happened to the old forums?

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
You're probably reading this because you are wondering what happened to the old forums. As you may know, from 2005 to 2008 we had a forum. When converting our old website and forum, it just seemed better to start with an all new forum. The reasons are listed below.

- I have been wanting to merge the websites (and forums) into one since 2006 or so. Because of my busy life and the complexity of our old and planned new cms systems, it just never happened. The old sites and forums really needed change.
- We did have 2 boards, one English and one Dutch. It's easier for me and my team to just have one multilingual forum. We won't have to switch between sites. When a new topic or post is added, we can view it on one and the same board. This will save time, increase activity and this will eventually just be better for all of us.
- Because we had 2 forums, I had to merge them both into one, which was a lot of work. And in my opinion, it wasn't going to be worth it. Our old forums did contain some fun topics, but were pretty inactive and empty.
- The old forums may have lasted for three full years, the content wasn't that interesting. It was pretty inactive as well. I figured it wouldn't hurt anyone just deleting the old ones.

We expect things to get more interesting and better from this point on. Please contribute as much as possible (contributing does not necessarily mean being a team member, we also want active and fun members!) :)

Thanks for understanding.

Team Llama
299 Posts
I think it is for the best and your reasons stand well :) Seems like we're off to a good start too!

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I think so too! I think the future new members will be able to appreciate these forums a lot more than our old ones.
I'm hoping to finish a large part this week. Have a few other projects I have to work on but some are also almost done and some can be done simultaneously.

Team Llama
299 Posts
I've been away from the net for these few days down south :P How're things going on the forum?

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Hexer wrote:I've been away from the net for these few days down south :P How're things going on the forum?

Working on the new site :D having major headaches though, so I'm not on 24/7 :(

• Stats