Just old stuff we’re not ready to get rid of!

SNW: Exchange Uploading, Allowed?

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
Hi, If you download some eyes for example, can you create a sim and upload it on the sims 2 website as one of your downloads? This might sound like a daft question but I would really like to know. :?
1TigerLily1 xx

Bella's Best Friend Forever
1625 Posts
Yes it's possible. But I'm not happy with it :(

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
I won't do it then, I just wanted to know as I am a new user. Thank you for repying. :duh:
To be living, you can not be dead,
To be sane, you can not be mad,
To be innocent ,you can not be guilty,
To be caring, you can not be selfish,
To be different, you can not be the same.

Hi I'm Hannah or Lily depending on whether I'm in the real world or not!

1625 Posts

1061 Posts
Player content always has a description and part name that was given by the creator. Normally you can also see the creator of that part at 'Own parts' on your Sim detail so it wont be wrong if you leave it that way. :wink:

Only if you're modifying/cloning that part, it might be wrong and then... ShadowKnight won't be happy. :giggle:
WillemSV

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
So if I don't say the part is my own then I can use it? :sun:
P.S When it says owner, does that mean owner of the whole site? :star05:

1024 Posts
It's simple, when you use the meshes, created by Maxis and change them into something new, you can call it your own creation. When you make a downloadable package, you have to mention this in the description.

When you clone (or use) creations of other artists and make it a downloadable package, the artist can report this and you or the site where the download is stationed will be asked to remove it.

When you allow a site to use your creations, the owner of the site has to announce the name of the artist, but also owns the download, because it's placed in his/hers webspace.

For so far, I hope your question is answered, and if someone has some extra info about this, pls write it in this topic.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
The exchange is a bit of a difficult story for me. Because I do not allow people to upload my items on any website, but the official exchange is something different.

I myself don't allow others to upload my own creations on others websites. It's not that I'm a nag but I just don't want my stuff flying everywhere on the net without me knowing about it. And I surely don't want others to claim my items as theirs. I won't get angry when someone uploads a few parts on the official exchange, but I don't really like it either. Because a lot of people there don't even bother to look where it came from, and just use the stuff on other exchange items..

Don't get me wrong, I'm flattered if I see my items on a Sim on the exchange, because that must mean people like them, but it also means that I can find my items anywhere, if I find them there..

On Simsnetwork you mainly find items made by me (Rosana), but also items by RHSPaul and Lord_Marino (just examples, many more artists have uploaded their items here). But they asked me to put it online, or I asked them. :)

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
Ok, Thanks for your reply. I'll keep the downloads for myself on my PC! :lol:

• Stats