How will you create the universe?

The Creature DNA Card Challenge #45!

Terrible Townie
38 Posts
Happy Birthday DeKDeS and of course here is my humble tribute.
ImageImageImage

Team Llama
410 Posts
People on the SPORUM, still don't really get the reason or the general idea, why this is not a contest.

I had placed a poll on the sporum in which I asked people if they wanted to see a special contested version too.

58% voted yes.

But I think they all will be clueless after this message I posted today to reply to that amount of votes:

A special message to those who wanted to see this in a contested version:

Thanks for voting in the poll, It seems that some of you who have been following this thread but really never participate, would like this to be a contested version too.

Do realize that though its not claimed in the original post I do buddy everyone who plays in one of my challenges, so that's not the price.
Do realize that I will standard comment on the dna creation you've made and logically I could see other creation you have made and comment on those, so that is not the price either.
Do realize that I have a lot of things going on besides only spore, and I consider myself not to be an excellent spore trophy maker, so that is not the price either.

So Buddy? Comments? Custom made spore trophy?
Those all are not prices, the price to win is the same as the none contested one, and that's the fun and experience you will discover in playing along.

So to be honest, if you would ask what would be so different between this and a contested version?

Well, A contested version is a version in which after a given period I will add all the names of people who participated to a poll, and let the sporum decide who wins.

And then Yay you win! ....... so.. if that is really what makes this more fun for you? ok cool, but know the same kind of attention and notice you will get from just playing in this version that is a challenge and not a contest.

I will NEVER decide who is a winner or loser, you are all winners to me! the top creators or people who just owned spore as of yesterday? I love creativity and respect each and everyone of you, and your creations.

But as it seems my message with this challenge is still hard for some to realize, therefore I made the poll, its not to get mass attention towards this challenge out of self ego, nope to get other people enjoy and discover their creative powers even more.

But as the majority who voted decide, ok I'll make a contested one, with the price "fame of winning" cause all the other things that are normally given as a price in a contest, you already getting by just playing in the normal challenge.

So ask yourselfs now, would you still see the use in a contested version or do you rather just already win and play in the normal challenge?

Contested version: The sporum decides who wins
This version: I decide you have already won.

I really hope its a heck of a lot more clear now :)

I even made a new poll, asking people to read the above and then decide to answer the new poll:
Yes, I want the sporum to decide I win
no, I know that I already won!

I'm curious what the result will be.

Team Llama
410 Posts

Notice that the OP (original post) is changed a bit.
The new assignments are showed on top of the post.
The DNA assignment image had an upgrade
and I have added extra explanation about the special dna cards.

Also notice that the old special birthday assignment CANNOT be found anymore on the archives, this because it was a special one time edition.

have fun!

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Sorry I did not enter yet. Had a couple of busy days. I will try and play some Spore tomorrow, but can't promise anything because I have to write a review too :(

Bella's Best Friend Forever
1024 Posts
dekdes wrote:People on the SPORUM, still don't really get the reason or the general idea, why this is not a contest.

I had placed a poll on the sporum in which I asked people if they wanted to see a special contested version too.

58% voted yes.........

It's no need to quote all, your message was and is clear. I don't get it, why does it always have to be a contest? If I was a regular visitor on Sporum, I think I voted no, but then ... who am I? :)
Maybe to be a buddy of dekdes is prize enough .... enough talking .... up to challenge 20!! :D

Team Llama
410 Posts
thanks Paul, and indeed, why always a contest.

Mostly this is because of the generation gap, It's clear how old we are here on the sporum, but we must keep in mind that like the sims, most players are under the age of 18.

I think younger people are just more competitive, perhaps I'm getting old ;)

But I have made it clear on the sporum that this dna challenge will never be a competition.

But like here, I've got some fans who keep playing along no matter if it is priceless, well,priceless, If people really did not liked this challenges they would not play in it.

Another thing:

On the sporum I had got a fun private message from one of the fans, and he/she asked me if it would not be fun to make such a challenge also for ufo's :)

I had told him that I already had plans for that as soon as I was creating the creature version.
It's just a bit harder to figure out the technical side of such a challenge.

for instance: Most people use more then 1 body part to create a car, I cannot simply tell people they can only use 1 part from the body category of vehicles.

But zanzibar also had an answer for that: make dna tripple cards, cards like use part X,Y & Z.

also he said, "awh just try something and we will see how it works"

Well currently i'm not working yet on the other card games, cause I'm still expanding the dna card challenge.
But in global? yes I'm planing these kind of challenges for ALL editors in game including outfitters.

But it's a lot of work.
as for now challenge number 20 keeps running.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I feel really stupid but I don't get the cards in the game itself, you know, the items you create sometimes. What are they for? I've seen several of them but I don't know what it's for. Should I make those too? Is that also a challenge? Seriously, someone inform me please! :woot:

And DeKDeS, you are right. It's fun just for the fun of it. I don't think it should be a competition, that might scare people off as well because some people just want to participate for the fun and not be judged by what they make. :happy:

Team Llama
410 Posts
see A hero's welcome challenge on sporenetwork :)

it's just inspired by the dna challenge, but its a whole separate challenge hosted by odDballL

The card you see I've made is meant for advertisement of this challenge.

simply right click and save this to your desktop:

the name must not be changed: "500446003942.png"

Now start spore in "windowed mode" (choose windowed from your ingame graphic options)
now open up the spaceship editor, and then drag the png from your desktop into your spore game's editor, voilla!

now simple re-upload/share.

Bella's Best Friend Forever
1024 Posts
This is my last entry for DNA1310DD-20 ... DNA Cloned Jungle Rupsator with a complex arm-binding on the back, and one arm in front....

Nooboo
14 Posts
I sure wish I could get these connection to the server issues resolved, I miss these challenges! Below are my entries for 18 & 20. Sorry I missed you're birthday DekDes. Happy Belated Birthday1

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=sast-500474964621

I understand assignment #19 is no longer active so I look forward to assignment #21. Where do you stand on the texture cards? Did you decide to incorporate that into the challenge or are you still workin on it?

Team Llama
410 Posts

Thanks ;)

oh I did not really did much work yet on the contest, sorry.. so no texture cards yet.

your creations will be added!

Team Llama
410 Posts

Terrible Townie
38 Posts
Here are my additions for the first 3 assignments.
ImageImageImage

I will start posting AbbyodDi additions on the Sporum thread.
ImageImageImage

Nooboo
14 Posts
Here's my #21. I think she's my favorite DNA challenge creation I've made so far ;)

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr ... 0475619580

Team Llama
410 Posts

PreviousNext

• Stats