How will you create the universe?

DeKDeS's youtube "how to" vids.

Team Llama
410 Posts
Post
lately I'm having a lot of fun creating spore videos. I had youtube for awhile but ever since spore i'm getting more viewers and subscribers to my channel, which is somewhat cool i think :) also i'm getting fun reacttion to videos.

I was just wondering if it would be fun to make some more how to videos from questions people ask about spore on forums like these?

I could also ofcourse make some dutch spoken videos (in which i will try to talk like an American who tries to talk dutch instead of the other way around LMAO)

I've got this nice little program called Camtasia Studio 4 which allows me to film Powerpoint presentations/ screen capture, and can also set to only film a portion of the screen. later on i'll edit the bunch in windows moviemaker (since i'm not yet familiar with the editing process within Camstia)

But with camstia I already found the option to use a GIF image as a watermark, perhaps if sporenetwork does not feel ashamed towards my bad English ;P I could watermark my next vids in the name of Sporenetwork? or ending my movies with something like " more questions answered? visit forum.sporenetwork.com "

anyhow, making vids is fun, and perhaps people here have some idea's that could be explained easier when people see it then its just in words on a forum?

I already wanted to make a video of how to work the foodweb, and how to terraform. But unfortunately after the crash I lost my space game, I could cheat, but then still I need to work to get the full tools back i thought, with the cheat you only get the full set of sculpting tools i thought.

but ok, perhaps if people have an idea for a video, anything related to spore, let me know.

and yes, when I know how to kill an epic in creature stage, i'll make a vid on it LOL (darn it 3 rogues in group and still 1 smack and my creature is death..)

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
Post
I killed Karybdis's epic!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! I killed an epic.

So I know how to do it. Just holler if you want to know how. I might post it in the epic topic later.

Did I mention it was Karybdis's epic?

:mryellow:

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Post
dekdes wrote:lately I'm having a lot of fun creating spore videos. I had youtube for awhile but ever since spore i'm getting more viewers and subscribers to my channel, which is somewhat cool i think :) also i'm getting fun reacttion to videos.

That's pretty unique (so you should be very proud). Usually people on YouTube are just, mean and childish in their responses. So if you're getting fun responses, you must be doing a really good job.

dekdes wrote:I was just wondering if it would be fun to make some more how to videos from questions people ask about spore on forums like these?

If I have an idea, I will let you know! :D

dekdes wrote:But with camstia I already found the option to use a GIF image as a watermark, perhaps if sporenetwork does not feel ashamed towards my bad English ;P I could watermark my next vids in the name of Sporenetwork? or ending my movies with something like " more questions answered? visit forum.sporenetwork.com "

If you like that, I wouldn't mind. Understatement lol, I'd like the idea. But it's really up to you. Would probably make our forum experience more fun alltogether, so it would also be fun for you :D

dekdes wrote:and yes, when I know how to kill an epic in creature stage, i'll make a vid on it LOL (darn it 3 rogues in group and still 1 smack and my creature is death..)

I've had three rogues in my last completed creature game. However I never got to beat of befriend (is that even possible?) an epic. Don't know how to kill one either. Anyone willing to give some thorough explaining on this..? :p

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
Post
It's impossible to befriend an epic, it's too angry. Maybe the epicizing is such a traumatising experience that this makes them angry for life. :goofy:

I told Dekdes how I killed the epic in my game and as soon as he gets it done he will make a tut video about how to kill an epic. Meanwhile i will post a little tut topic in the Helpdesk subforum. :-J

Team Llama
410 Posts
Post
see my dutch topic " wat houdt je bezig" well that is just a part of me taking this video stuff a bit more seriously now, i've learned photoshop and general static creative design just by playing with the software, learning as i go, I do not want to brag or something but I dare to say I can do a lot of fun and cool stuff with photoshop nowadays, the logical step now is video editing. so that's keeping me busy right now, to try and make even cooler video's, and with that knowledge also perhaps can help sporenetwork out on that, but first i'm got to get the basics behind, there's a lot more to digital video editing then there is to graphic design in my honest opinion, don't get me wrong, i'm still average with graphic design, and really respect the professional things Rosana makes for instance, I just mean personally i have this idea, that moving images would seem more difficult to design with.

but ok, i'm again in my own personal school, and anyone reading this with experienced knowledge in movie making, tips? let me know :)


  • Stats
  • Who is online

    In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 97 on Jun 05, 2013 4:06pm

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron