How will you create the universe?

About sporecasts being a pain in the butt.

Team Llama
410 Posts
Why is it such a hard job making a sporecast?

why can't we just add them from the buddy list or own items, but instead have to find em online first??

Don't you guys think the sporecast making could have been made easier?

For some days now i'm trying to get some of this forum members oddballs to my sporecast, but for instance, Resie called her oddball " chicken oddball" and there is also a user called " oddball" and there are a lot off chickens. But Resie has done well by adding the tag "oddball series", however, its not really the name that matters, I can still find them, its just that every time i do a search online within the game, i get the " server error" message, but if there is a server error? then why the heck can i still see new stuff coming in from the buddy list, and why is mysporepage in game loading correctly?

its just the search online feature that is acting up. but in your internet browser thing go much easier, i wish you could add creatures to a sporecast from with the spore website, or in game from with the buddy list, or your own items.

but ok, be patient I'll add your oddballs as soon as i can. meaning as soon as the spore servers allow me too ;)

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
So it's mainly Sporepedia search being a pain in the butt, not particularly sporecasts?

I thought you could add stuff to your sporecast by simply dragging it there, have you tried that?

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Resie wrote:I thought you could add stuff to your sporecast by simply dragging it there, have you tried that?

I agree with DeKDeS, it really is a pain in the... you know what. You can drag stuff in the browser. However not in the game. I tried it, it won't work in Sporepedia ingame. You can only search for stuff (however I'm pretty sure there are items that have 'common' words in the titles/names which makes it hard to look it up. And my game keeps on giving the msg that an error has occurred and then it won't get me anywhere. So I understand what DeKDeS is talking about. It's frustrating to make, add and edit Sporecasts from within the game. Outside the game it seems to work better (dragging items, searching for them) but it's still a lot of (unnecessary) work.

Team Llama
408 Posts
It's really a shame that creating sporecasts in the game is such a pain -- it works better on the website, if it weren't so slow! I mean, the game itself gives the developers much better options at creating a proper user interface, and for such a highly promoted feature it's just a complete disaster. Even the site allows drag-and-drop, why doesn't the game?! It already knows which creations are available online and which aren't, so that can't be the problem...

I was going to create a sporecast for all creations of the Spore Zone, but I've given up. All because of the continuous "server problem" errors and the fact it's really tough to find what you need (the search ORs the terms, IMO it should AND them with the amount of stuff that's online... though I believe you can still use quotes (") around your terms to search for a "sentence").

It was promoted as big feature of Spore, but so far they have not been able to stabilize it enough - a month after the release! - to make it even a little bit usable.

Off-topic: try searching for buddies with the name "Maxis*". Should give you all the Maxoids. Except you can't get to the second page. Guess what. "Server error."
Webmaster The Sims Zone - Webmaster The Spore Zone - Blokjeseliminator - SNWeblogs!

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
I agree that the sporepedia in general is a disaster. However this has very little to do with sporecasts. Sporecasts being so hard to make is mainly caused by the painfully slow sporepedia and the continuous server errors.
I don't get it. It's almost as if they weren't prepared for a database of 25 million+ creations... :confused:

Terrible Townie
44 Posts
I have no problems at all making Sporecasts: i only work on Spore.com: never make them ingame.

Team Llama
410 Posts
hiki wrote:I have no problems at all making Sporecasts: i only work on Spore.com: never make them ingame.

yup, doing that also since i know about that :) unless its in the game manual of i've missed some official spore news, Spore.com has never told the public about this?

Bella's Best Friend Forever
1024 Posts
hiki wrote:I have no problems at all making Sporecasts: i only work on Spore.com: never make them ingame.

I do the same, since I found one other little problem.
Ingame, I have 55 creations, when I search Sporepedia. On my creation list, 122 creations, online on Spore.com 122 also.

So, the only remedy to get your sporecasts good (and no pain in the butt) is going online! :sweat:

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Paul wrote:I do the same, since I found one other little problem.
Ingame, I have 55 creations, when I search Sporepedia. On my creation list, 122 creations, online on Spore.com 122 also.

So, the only remedy to get your sporecasts good (and no pain in the butt) is going online! :sweat:

That's a separate problem though. Searching newer creatures won't work properly. I have that same problem. Until a certain date, my creatures do show up. After that date, the newer creations, do not show. It's a (search) problem they're working on :)

Terrible Townie
44 Posts
Another problem I have is that I can't remove designs from a Sporecast; the carbage thingie doesnt work (on Spore.com).

Bella's Best Friend Forever
1024 Posts
Paul wrote:I do the same, since I found one other little problem.

That's a separate problem though. Searching newer creatures won't work properly. I have that same problem. Until a certain date, my creatures do show up. After that date, the newer creations, do not show. It's a (search) problem they're working on :)

They are `working on ..`, now, thean it is a great problem. But now my creatures are updated since this sunday (Octobre 12th), but my Spore profile is still standing on one week earlier.
Strange, because all the creatures I created since Saturday, Octobre 4th, are online. BIG :?: mark I think.....

• Stats