How will you create the universe?

Spore in another language

Team Llama
408 Posts
Installed SPORE in Dutch or any other language, and prefer to have it in English? Edit your shortcut (Right click, Properties), and add the following to the target (after the SporeApp.exe and any double quotes, make sure there's a space before this option:

Code: Select all
 -locale:en-us

For Dutch:

Code: Select all
 -locale:nl-nl

For any other language, look in C:Program FilesElectronic ArtsSPOREDataLocale (or wherever you installed Spore). There are a bunch of folders for each language there. Replace the 'en-us' or 'nl-nl' with your language choice from the folder (UK English would for example be en-gb). Enjoy!
Webmaster The Sims Zone - Webmaster The Spore Zone - Blokjeseliminator - SNWeblogs!

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
Yay! This is good news. I specifically installed Spore in english on both my puter and my laptop, yet it plays in dutch (bug!).

Does this mess up any already started games though?

Team Llama
408 Posts
No, it doesn't mess anything up. It's completely the same game, the UI (and all text etc) is just in the selected language. Of course creature names, descriptions etc. entered by others are not translated or anything, they're kept as is. I tried it quickly (starting in Dutch, my game is in US English by default), and I could at least see the savegames I had, so I don't think you need to worry.
Webmaster The Sims Zone - Webmaster The Spore Zone - Blokjeseliminator - SNWeblogs!

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Thanks for the tip, I think it might be very useful to some players. I won't be playing it in Dutch though. I play all my games in English. The translations are often stupid imo. :blush:

Team Llama
412 Posts
Is it even possible to install Spore in a different language? I've installed on 2 computers both in English, but one of the machine's OSes is dutch and it automatically changed the language to dutch, thanks for the tip :D

• Stats