How will you create the universe?

Cargo (space)

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
For some reason my cargo is almost always full. What makes it full? The amount of each item you have, or the number of different items you have? is there any way to expand cargo capacity?

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Resie wrote:For some reason my cargo is almost always full. What makes it full? The amount of each item you have, or the number of different items you have? is there any way to expand cargo capacity?

There is indeed a way to expand it - you can buy it once you get certain achievements. However the maximum is still not enough. I have the maximum cargo hold right now and I can't save artifacts and stuff, simply because the cargo hold is insufficient. :(

Team Llama
408 Posts
It's the amount of different items you have. You can have 99 pieces per item in your cargo (or so I understood).

You can unlock extra cargo capacity by purchasing it from a colony - some may have it, some may not. Your home planet or one of your colonies might sell it, but that could be expensive. Try one of your allies for a good deal.

Anyway, you do need some badges to first unlock the basic/medium/large cargo hold: either merchant 2/3/4 (trade 500k/4m/7m sporebuck) or collector 1/2/3 (find 3/8/20 artifacts/rare items). For large cargo, you also need to purchase basic and medium first (and basic before medium).

Tip: in the My Collections screen, go to the badges, and click the one you want to aim for. It should appear as a mission so you can now monitor your progress. Many tools require badges - see the My Collections for details on what you need, or when trading with a planet that sells the tool, it'll be shaded (dark) -- hover the mouse over the tool's icon to see the requirements.

I've also sold the artifact collections except for one (the most complete one)... I'm still not sure whether you need to sell all artifacts of a type at once for their max value, or if you can sell them one at a time and once you found them all, you get can sell them for a price that's 10 times as much.
Webmaster The Sims Zone - Webmaster The Spore Zone - Blokjeseliminator - SNWeblogs!

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
You know what would be a great idea? The possibility to store stuff on your home planet! Unfortunately, it's not there...

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Resie wrote:You know what would be a great idea? The possibility to store stuff on your home planet! Unfortunately, it's not there...

No indeed. Well, you can store extra spices on your planets, with those spice boxes you can buy. But those aren't cheap. :dizzy:

Team Llama
410 Posts
Resie wrote:You know what would be a great idea? The possibility to store stuff on your home planet! Unfortunately, it's not there...

well... you could drop a creature sanctuary tool on a planet to make a zoo planet on which you can store 30 kinds of creatures.

every creatures gets a nest icon on the map.

So by doing that you can place the T-score creatures on different area's on your map, for example:

left: all kind of t-1 creatures, middle, t2, right t3. So then you have a planet where you basically can get some creatures that are missing trying to Terra form a planet.

To store spice? well you can just beam them down on the surface! :)
also the same counts for everything you beam up can be beamed down.

And because your planet is a wildlife sanctuary planet, you really do not have to worry about pirates that going to rob you of your spice storage drop area's, pirates normally only attack on planets that are producing spice.

Storage planet? just buy the wildlife sanctuary thing in a solar system on a planet close to your homeworld, or terraform a planet in your solar system :)

Oh and if you do think pirates will just plunder, place an uber turret , those things make Kebab out of grox attacks, every colony of my gets a ubber turret I lvoe those things.

Ok do know this idea above is great if you are already very far into the space game and are max on the time line.
the items like a wildlife sanctuary have to be earned.

So the main thing resie said, yes indeed it would be nice if the home planet had a storage or safe house for that matter to store stuff.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts

well... you could drop a creature sanctuary tool on a planet to make a zoo planet on which you can store 30 kinds of creatures.

every creatures gets a nest icon on the map.

So by doing that you can place the T-score creatures on different area's on your map, for example:

left: all kind of t-1 creatures, middle, t2, right t3. So then you have a planet where you basically can get some creatures that are missing trying to Terra form a planet.

To store spice? well you can just beam them down on the surface! :)
also the same counts for everything you beam up can be beamed down.

And because your planet is a wildlife sanctuary planet, you really do not have to worry about pirates that going to rob you of your spice storage drop area's, pirates normally only attack on planets that are producing spice.

Storage planet? just buy the wildlife sanctuary thing in a solar system on a planet close to your homeworld, or terraform a planet in your solar system :)

Oh and if you do think pirates will just plunder, place an uber turret , those things make Kebab out of grox attacks, every colony of my gets a ubber turret I lvoe those things.

Ok do know this idea above is great if you are already very far into the space game and are max on the time line.
the items like a wildlife sanctuary have to be earned.

So the main thing resie said, yes indeed it would be nice if the home planet had a storage or safe house for that matter to store stuff.

Thanks for those tips! I didn't think about placing the spices on a wildlife planet. I agree that the permanent tools are very useful, saves quite some money! I still have to buy those uber turrets. They are probably worth the money, but I constantly need the money (for colonies, buying planets, better tools). If I'd have to place em on every planet, wow :blah: but I will try this soon.

• Stats