How will you create the universe?

Problems? Patch it!

Team Llama
299 Posts
EA has released the first patch for spore. If your playing online and have the EA download manager installed you've got nothing to worry about as the patch will opt to install next time you play!

I personally welcome the difficulty tweaks to tribal and civilization modes.

Patch notes
Features
* New Cheat: "evoadvantage". Enter this cheat when are starting a new Creature game to choose any creature from the Sporepedia. Start a new game with one of your more evolved creatures!
* Display part statistics when you are in Build mode. Rollover any part and hold down the 'i' key.
* New Cheat: "blocksmode". Turns creatures into their blocky representations.
* More style filters. Open the cheat window and type: "stylefilter -microscope" or "stylefilter -norainbows" or "stylefilter -nextgen" to see the new styles
* Added 70 new planet scripts with a low terraform score, especially of the "hot and high atmosphere" type

Graphics/Aesthetics
* Animation improvements
* Improved the planets fogging, blooming and lighting
* Fixed animation issues with tool handling, hand walking and some of the more oddly shaped creatures

Tuning
* Creature phase: Improved the pacing towards the end of the game, and increased the challenge in Normal and Hard modes.
* Tribe phase: Increased the challenge in Normal and Hard difficulty modes.
* Civilization phase: Increased the challenge in Normal and Hard difficulty modes.
* Space phase: Made Empires in Easy and Normal modes demand reasonable amounts of money in exchange for peace and adjust the level of punishment if the player doesn’t pay
* Space phase: Made disasters less likely to occur in Easy and Normal modes and increased the time between each attack from the enemy empire when the player is at war.

Miscellaneous
* Creature phase: Improved the way posse members behave during threatening situations and fights.
* Space phase: Made finding your home world and colonies easier in the Galactic view.
* Tribe phase: Made it so that tribe members can travel on steep hills if they need to do so now, but their speed will be reduced a lot.
* Fixed an issue with attacks not working on some bigger animals and larger animals not dying correctly
* Fixed collect mission not completing correctly when all parts have been collected
* Fixed problems with the "Rolling Thunder" and "Déjà Vu" achievements not being awarded as they should
* Fixed floating parts not being deducted from the budget when loaded into creator
* Fixed an issue with the rotation rings not resizing correctly when a part was resized and improved their look
* Fixed an issue where the terraforming score of planet could differ when revisiting a solar system
* Fixed the keyboard controls for zoom & pitch in the Colony Planner not working properly
* Fixed a crash that could occur when watching an epic creature attack a city
* Fixed some issues where the game would freeze when using the Creature Tweaker tool or when capturing a planet in solar view
* Fixed an issue where not all tribe members would obey the raid order when a large group was ordered to raid
* Fixed an issue where banning a creation from one of your other saved games would black out the main menu

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
Although it sounds good, I am gonna wait until more people patched their game. if their experience is an improvement of the game, I will install it. If they think the patch is a disaster, I will not.

The display part statistics thing sounds very good though, I've been wanting it eversince i started making creatures. :)

Team Llama
410 Posts
My game crashed yesterday and since will not start up again.

I had laggy sound , meaning you could hear environmental sound when hovering above a planet or while on a t0 planet.
Also showing creatures on the surface is laggy, they are invisible or build up slowly.

Well, i'm currently typing this message on mogway's laptop, my pc is defraging, cleaning and i've installed windows updates, after that i'm going to uninstall spore and reinstal without the darn patch.

the patch only made things worse.

Team Llama
408 Posts
DeKDeS: Rosana had the same problem yesterday. Here's a solution - it'll lose you the last save, but the game should start up again:
  • Start the Explorer (My Computer)
  • In the address bar, enter "%appdata%" (without quotes), or navigate to C:Documents and Settings<Username>Application Data (default directory, may differ slightly for your installation)
  • Make a backup of the SPORE directory (just copy and paste, so you get a "Copy of SPORE")
  • Navigate into the "SPORE" directory, remove "GraphicsCache.package" (this will be rebuilt when you restart the game)
  • Navigate into the "Games" directory
  • Rename "Game0" to "Game0.new" (or something else you like, e.g. "Game0.broken.by.EA" or so)
  • Copy "Game0.old" to "Game0" (i.e. make a copy, then rename the copy)
  • Start the game

Hopefully that'll fix the problem! :)
Webmaster The Sims Zone - Webmaster The Spore Zone - Blokjeseliminator - SNWeblogs!

• Stats