How will you create the universe?

Terra forming: Need help

Terrible Townie
44 Posts
I havent terra formed yet at all but i have a few questions:

- a big, a middle and a small T1 plant
- 2 different T1 herbivores
- 1 T1 carnivore

How do you see is a animal or plant is T1, or T2?

Abouth the tools: i have to see which ones I can buy allready: when do you start terraforming? In the start of the game or later (one planet i have is halfway space stage).

And ... would it be possible to make a Terra Forming Guide in Dutch: would be easier. :p

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
hiki wrote:I havent terra formed yet at all but i have a few questions:

- a big, a middle and a small T1 plant
- 2 different T1 herbivores
- 1 T1 carnivore

How do you see is a animal or plant is T1, or T2?

Abouth the tools: i have to see which ones I can buy allready: when do you start terraforming? In the start of the game or later (one planet i have is halfway space stage).

And ... would it be possible to make a Terra Forming Guide in Dutch: would be easier. :p

We're planning on writing a guide on all possible subjects, in English and Dutch. But that would mostly be 'powered' by the active users on the forums. Sort of like a wiki, but not entirely.

No plants or animals are T1 or so. You just need a set of them to make a planet T1 (or T2, T3 etc). Just equip your cargo with a set of various plants and animals. We'll add a more precise explanation soon!

EDIT: I forgot to add. You can see what type of planet it is in the solar system. Just hover on a planet to see its spice, its color (green, blue, red - from easy to hard) and terraform score (T0/T1/T2/T3).

Terrible Townie
44 Posts

And when did you start terrafucking .... mean forming? Right away in Space the game or later?

Done a lot of missions and am bored and want to start colonies and make a lot of money. :P

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
hiki wrote:Oke; thats clear abouth T1 animals etc.

And when did you start terrafucking .... mean forming? Right away in Space the game or later?

Done a lot of missions and am bored and want to start colonies and make a lot of money. :P

In my experience, it's best to terraform with the 'cheaper' one time tools until you can buy the better, permanent ones. Just try buying Atmosphere Generators, Drought Generators in case you need those (in my game, I often need Atmosphere Generators more), Colonies to claim a planet. You can start in the space game right away, but you don't have to (missions can also pay well - so you don't need to terraform planets right away).

Terraforming them however pays well for me. You get better at it, can buy better tools etc. Then you can claim more profitable planets.

Nice thing about the space stage is that you can choose many different directions in which you'll start. You don't necessarily have to do missions. And terraforming is also an option. Missions however can give more money in the beginning, which you'll need to buy the terraforming tools and colonies.

Terrible Townie
44 Posts
Oke: I then start a Space game right away this afternoon.

I love to start as a cell and then work my way up in evolution but did it so many times: now it's time to focus on Space: didn't play that much and only have 1 week left so.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
hiki wrote:Oke: I then start a Space game right away this afternoon.

I love to start as a cell and then work my way up in evolution but did it so many times: now it's time to focus on Space: didn't play that much and only have 1 week left so.

1 week left? To play Spore? But why? :shock:

Terrible Townie
44 Posts
13 november: Wrath of the Lich King expansion for WOW, so 13 Oktober I'll reactivate my WOW account so i have 1 month before WotLK to get used too WOW again.

Will play Spore until 13 november but not as much as now :P

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
hiki wrote:13 november: Wrath of the Lich King expansion for WOW, so 13 Oktober I'll reactivate my WOW account so i have 1 month before WotLK to get used too WOW again.

Will play Spore until 13 november but not as much as now :P

Oh I hate choosing between games. I'd love to play Sims 2 again. Well I can't play the newest expansion. Don't have the financial means to get it. And EA usually gets a copy to the fansites, but apparently the person who was supposed to take care of that didn't send out any codes. Oh well, we're busy with Spore and all, so this makes choosing a bit easier...

Terrible Townie
44 Posts
Fansites allso didn't get Spore: I think they budget doesn't allow it anymore. But I really think the reason is that Anita is too busy as community manager: so much work that she forget it?

I haven't played appartments yet: have it installed ... same as you : no time.

But WOW is for me a game that gives me more fun and gamefun then Sims or Spore. Spore is second, Sims 3th.

But we are so offtopic :P

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
hiki wrote:Fansites allso didn't get Spore: I think they budget doesn't allow it anymore. But I really think the reason is that Anita is too busy as community manager: so much work that she forget it?

I haven't played appartments yet: have it installed ... same as you : no time.

But WOW is for me a game that gives me more fun and gamefun then Sims or Spore. Spore is second, Sims 3th.

But we are so offtopic :P

After this I promise to get back on topic :p

Anita had a week off while AL was released. So I knew she wasn't going to get us the game during that week. She however asked someone else to take care of it (because we were supposed to get a copy - digital though, no longer a boxed version). The person who was supposed to handle it, didn't handled it well did not do anything at all. We informed Anita about AL still not being on our accounts. She then called that person. And he or she would arrange things. Didn't happen so far. I don't feel like bothering Anita since I know she is very busy. But I won't buy AL for a while. Probably after December or so. We can't even properly buy each other presents this year. So I won't be buying an expansion which I previewed extensively. With those articles I convinced many people to buy the expansion when they were planning not to buy it before. Ironically I don't get to play the game myself now.

As for Spore. I got the full CC version from Maxis, as did many other fansites. We also (pre-)ordered the full CC version at EBGames. So either way, we got that ourselves.
No one mentioned anything about getting Spore "for free" and we didn't count on that either. We pre-ordered the Galactic Edition online. This choice has also resulted in us not going to the producer tour of Spore in Brussels. We didn't have the money to travel there, a week before the release or so? So we chose not to. Otherwise we wouldn't have been able to buy the GE twice.

This month we'll also have MySims Kingdom and MySims Made for PC. I won't be able to buy either. I know it's not up to EA to provide us these games. But I can't afford them anymore and can't offer support for my members anymore either. So there is a huge downside to all of this. That's why I decided to focus on paid projects for a while and Spore - since I own Spore now.

Team Llama
410 Posts
just one more offtopic... then i'll smack myself with the moderation hammer.

13 october, my birthday also, my WoW account will stop, I won't play wow anymore, haven't been playing it since the creature creator went live for the public. Somehow Spore has done something to my playing style i did not expected, with the sims, i really did not enjoyed the gameplay but loved to create stuff, then spore came along and to be honest it is for a big part a game for creativity, but now i see i'm playing more then creating, I just love to play the creature phase over and over again i wish they made that longer) and i love the space phase, mainly finding stuff and then being creative with ufo tools. But WoW? nope, cannot imagine i will be playing that again very soon, i had fun, but also saw the dark side of WoW, the addiction, the forced competition and the slow but sure decay of my social real life. But Hiki, if you see some of the old gang, say hi.

HITS DEKDES WITH THE MODERATION HAMMER - Stay on topic!

ouch..

got some ontopic though:

When I have some more time, I will make a video tutorial on terravorming, but i've not been terravorming with all possible tools for it yet and i want to deeply know every aspect of every possible tools for terraforming. Because I cannot just simple make a video tutorial saying that you have to use the "energy consuming permanent" tools to terraform, no it must be a global tutorial. some people perhaps like the 1 use only tools instead of wasting energy, some people terraform their own planets, or just make friends by terraforming AI planets, or use it as a tool of war.

Terrible Townie
44 Posts
Holy moly: i am so good ..... just did my first terraforming T1 too T2 and it worked perfect.

Just expansive to do it .... :eek: well I think i now know the basics so I can do some more terraforming.

Anyone with a lot of money here? LMAO

Terrible Townie
44 Posts
Anyone knows how many terraforming tools there are that will stay in the bags?

I got 2 now and I want all of them: paying shitloads on terraforming :uhm:

And how can I see wchich ones are permanent? I can see it once I bought them but not when i open the trade screen :frusty:

Team Llama
408 Posts
hiki wrote:Anyone knows how many terraforming tools there are that will stay in the bags?

One for each direction, including diagonal. That makes a total of 8. You'll probably unlock the atmosphere (up/down) ones first, then ice/heat ray (left/right), after that you get diagonal tools. Check your "My Collections" (the vault-button) to see all available tools for your UFO and the badges you need to unlock them.

hiki wrote:I got 2 now and I want all of them: paying shitloads on terraforming :uhm:

And how can I see wchich ones are permanent? I can see it once I bought them but not when i open the trade screen :frusty:

The tools that are not permanent always have a number in the top-right corner of their icon (for most tools you buy this will be 1 or maybe 2, a few tools like the Anti-Matter missile can be bought by 10 at a time), also in the My Collections screen. Such tools have limited ammo. If there's no number then it'll use energy instead of ammo when you fire it.

Just repeating myself now, but the My Collections button should give you quite a bit of information about all the tools you can get. There are just a few question mark items there, which are (I believe) tools that you unlock based on your personality/archetype (see the history button, you can do missions to change your personality, but that's a whole different topic).
Webmaster The Sims Zone - Webmaster The Spore Zone - Blokjeseliminator - SNWeblogs!

Terrible Townie
44 Posts

I have 3 now: Atmosphere + and -, and temp - so i need the temp +

For now i can use some of them at the same time but that costs a lot of energy: some diagonal tools would be great.

I love to terraform now: its easy once you know how it works ....... painting is allso fun, still have to check the tools to make 'stempels' etc: no idear what they do :roll:

but .....

WE NEED MORE PLANTS!!!!!!! MAXIS !!!!!!!!! that's what i think :P

• Stats