How will you create the universe?

Terra forming: Need help

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
Ok my Skypli finally made it to space and is now spreading the religion of Spood across the universe.

I like colonising. In order to do that i need to terraform. I successfully terraformed my colony planet Angenst to T1 with these items:
- colony incredipack
- atmosphere generator
- a big, a middle and a small T1 plant
- 2 different T1 herbivores
- 1 T1 carnivore

The outter circle is now green. There is a red dot on the green circle, which i assume represents the current state my planet is in.
Now... How do I unlock T2? Do I have to start by placing a second colony? I am a bit lost...

Team Llama
408 Posts
It's fairly easy: using the terraforming tools (meteor shower, ice storm, etc) you can move the red dot. You can buy these tools at various planets. You'll usually find some in your home planet, but that'll usually be more expensive than others (e.g. allies).

Make sure you use the right tools. Some increase the atmosphere level (dot goes up), some decrease it (dot goes down), others change the temperature to colder (left) or warmer (right). Some tools even do two things (e.g. atmosphere up and temperature down) at the same time. Hint: the icon when you hover your cursor over the tool shows in which direction the dot will move.

Once you moved the dot into a T2 or even T3 circle (remember to complete T2 first, before starting T3) it is important to plant down new plants (1 small, 1 medium, 1 large) on the planet. They must differ from the kind that's already on the planet. After that, drop 2 new herbivores on the planet, followed by a carni- or omnivore. Then you'll have completely stabilized the T-score, so it won't drop anymore. You can then also place a new colony on the planet.

Increasing the T-score allows you to place more colonies on the planet, as well as more buildings/defense in each colony, so it's well worth the investment.

Similarly you can get a T0 planet to T1 this way.

Note that most tools are ammo-based, meaning you can buy one use one, buy another and use it again. In later stages you should also be able to buy tools that use your energy instead of ammo (so you'll just need to buy it once). You can spot the difference when you buy the tool: ammo-based items have a number of the amount available in the corner.
Webmaster The Sims Zone - Webmaster The Spore Zone - Blokjeseliminator - SNWeblogs!

Team Llama
299 Posts
You need to use atmospheric generators, or the ones that thin the atmosphere, fire/ice meteorites and things to "kick-start" another change in your planets temperature and atmosphere to move that red dot towards the centre. When it crosses the boundary into T2, you need to throw down another 3 plants (one of each size), 2 herbivores and a carnivore to stabilise the change. If you don't stabilise, the dot will deteriorate back into a T1 position.

[EDIT] All of a sudden my answer feels very basic hehe

Servo's Slave
100 Posts

So since the dot is in the outer circle on the down side, a little bit to the left, using 1 atmosphere generator won't be enough for me to reach T2.

This means that what I need to unlock T2 is another Atmosphere generator, is that right?

Team Llama
408 Posts
You should be able to buy a number of atmosphere generators, perhaps from various planets. You can buy the same one several times, use it several times on the same planet as well. You can use any combination of generators/tools that you need/like. Just purchase the right combo.

Oh yeah, one thing: I assume a planet can move back in T-score due to eco-disasters too. I noticed last night I was a little late killing of some sick carnivores on one of my planets. The carnivore became extinct, and the disaster repeated itself for the herbivores. The game was in time drawing those for me to kill them, without just shooting in the dark (it seemed to me the patch caused a lag of up to minutes before creatures would appear on any planet, even just their basic models, making some disasters very challenging).

[Edit:] Check the vault in the bottom-left UI (near the Sporepedia button, forgot its name) to check the tools etc. you can unlock, and what you need to unlock them. Most tools require badges (usually a choice between two), badges require you to complete missions, trade, etc... basically, do stuff :P

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
Okay, silly me thought I only had to use the atmosphere generator once. :P

/me flies off to do stuff

Servo's Slave
100 Posts

Crumplebottom's New Obsession
2748 Posts
i think the terra forming is the hardest thing in the game, yesterday i was lucky to find an unclaimed T3 planet lol

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
Oh now that I got the hang of it, it's not that hard anymore. I successfully terraformed and colonised 13 planets. 12 of them are T1, one is T2.

Eventually I want them all to be T3.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Resie wrote:Oh now that I got the hang of it, it's not that hard anymore. I successfully terraformed and colonised 13 planets. 12 of them are T1, one is T2.

Eventually I want them all to be T3.

I'm unsure how many planets I have right now, I wish there was an easy way to see the amount somewhere.

Anyway, most of them are T1, but I do have some T2 and T3 as well. I used to have a lot of Atmosphere Generators with me, but the other day I bought some permanent tools like Cloud Vacuum, Cloud Accumulator, and some of those other permanent tools so I only have to re-charge my ufo (which is free on your home planet, however the normal tools to terraform aren't).

Team Llama
410 Posts
When you will get the permanent tools it will be easy as peanuts, the other 1 use tools are only a waste of money.

My suggestion is to try to get all the permanent tools and save some money for energy packs if you prefer that.

Terra forming is a simple game of moving the little foodweb-Tscore dot to the center with this tools and having a cargo of T-score life.

did you know that terraforming is a great way to get other empires like you as well? Remember the galfrek, cheetah's creatures, the were unfriendly, I got them to the point that they asked an alliance with me, simply because i used terraforming to make 1 galfrek colony from a t0 to t3 :)

or you could do the opposite and kill all life with it and blow up all the cities except for 1 main city on a home world of your enemy ;)

Though the other 1 use tools are a waste of money, which is my personal opinion, they do are funny to use, drop a volcano tool next to a city, they surrender immediately or the city gets destroyed :)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
dekdes wrote:did you know that terraforming is a great way to get other empires like you as well? Remember the galfrek, cheetah's creatures, the were unfriendly, I got them to the point that they asked an alliance with me, simply because i used terraforming to make 1 galfrek colony from a t0 to t3 :)

Thanks! Because I actually never thought about that myself and seems like a good option for one of the Empires near my Kootaki planet. One of the Empires keeps on dropping the relationship, whatever I do. I'll try this and see if it helps! :veryhappy:

Team Llama
410 Posts
dekdes wrote:did you know that terraforming is a great way to get other empires like you as well? Remember the galfrek, cheetah's creatures, the were unfriendly, I got them to the point that they asked an alliance with me, simply because i used terraforming to make 1 galfrek colony from a t0 to t3 :)

Thanks! Because I actually never thought about that myself and seems like a good option for one of the Empires near my Kootaki planet. One of the Empires keeps on dropping the relationship, whatever I do. I'll try this and see if it helps! :veryhappy:

if they respond by demanding even more money to prevent a war, your Kootaki have my blessing to use the planet buster on their asses :nod1: :upside:

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Rosana wrote:

if they respond by demanding even more money to prevent a war, your Kootaki have my blessing to use the planet buster on their asses :nod1: :upside:

Lol I did the terraforming thing for other empires (and most of them were sooo happy). However at one planet the terrascore went up and then dropped really hard because it just went that fast :p lol, and then the empire who were my neutral/friends before became angry with me and started a war. :lol:
It does the trick in general though, too bad it doesn't last that long. Two (Spode) empires were at war with each other the entire time. Me not helping either of them let the relationship score drop. One of them kept on demanding money (from the beginning). So I just asked two allies to attack planets and the rest of the planets/systems were captured by me. Lol, problem solved.

Team Llama
410 Posts
So I just asked two allies to attack planets and the rest of the planets/systems were captured by me. Lol, problem solved.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely :P ;)

• Stats