How will you create the universe?

Creature Mr. X

Team Llama
410 Posts
Hi, I sometimes have some brain surges, yes they happen :)

How about this, if you really haven't a clue what kind of creature to make, lets do a little assignment.

Someone (let it be me to start this off) tries to describe an alien creature in a cryptologic or other way , and those who read the description, try to make the creature from that description.

To be clear, not to be a contest who made the best, (I still think everyone is equally creative ) just as an extra impulse.

So here goes an example:

-------------------------
Hi, I am a small creature, who loves to eat meat, and perhaps sing songs about it, I look into the world and see it 4 dimensional, if i would like to be in higher places instead of hopping around in this world, ill just take off. I feel blue sometimes but never let myself follow the thin red lines in life. I wish i could point the way.

-----------

Ok, naturally, every one has his/hers own way describing or telling a little story like that, this example of mine was semi - cryptologic.

Here is the same story again but with the decoded message in bold written.

Hi, I am a small creature, Small i meant literately, so a smaller kind of creature who loves to eat meat So as a beak something of a carnivore perhaps, and perhaps sing songs about it hmm here i maybe mean that this creature has another singing beak part, perhaps birdlike, I look into the world and see it 4 dimensional 4 dimension? just joking, I really meant the creature has got 4 eyes ;) , if i would like to be in higher places instead of hopping around in this world Creatures with only 1 leg/feet hop around, but it could be more legs, as long as it hops while walking , ill just take off. take off, hmm so this creature has wings.. I feel blue sometimes but never let myself follow the thin red lines in life. So the texture of this creature could be blue with red stripes I wish i could point the way. here i could mean hands without clear fingers, like the glove styled hand part (full editor edition)

Get it?

Notice I just imagined this creature, I did not really made it before i created the example story, but I think you guys get the general idea.

Comment? funny idea? got perhaps some better idea's to add or subtract? its meant as a spore-like forum game, in which there are no winners or losers, just the imaginative creative power of those who precipitate .

anyhow, I tried this myself, and this is what i made of this description above, my "Creature Mr. X"
Last edited by Guest on Jul 16, 2008 9:15pm, edited 3 times in total.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
dekdes wrote:its meant as a spore-like forum game, in which there are no winners or losers, just the imaginative creative power of those who precipitate

I'll participate later on. I'm using Linux right now, Spore doesn't exactly work here (yet) so I'll have to boot later on. Currently working on a project here so I can work more often on Spore :mryellow:

Edit: w00t, your creature rocks. I'll have to boot in a few, I am curious what I can come up with myself :D

Team Llama
410 Posts
dekdes wrote:its meant as a spore-like forum game, in which there are no winners or losers, just the imaginative creative power of those who precipitate

I'll participate later on. I'm using Linux right now, Spore doesn't exactly work here (yet) so I'll have to boot later on. Currently working on a project here so I can work more often on Spore :mryellow:

Edit: w00t, your creature rocks. I'll have to boot in a few, I am curious what I can come up with myself :D

you could also precipitate in the role of being the story teller :)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Rosana wrote:

you could also precipitate in the role of being the story teller :)

Errrm I'm afraid I'm not good at that? You mean make up a story for this one, or a new one? I suppose a new one, right? Do I open up another topic for that or just enter it in this topic... hmmm :scratch:

Team Llama
410 Posts
making the dutch topic example post as we speak, let me know about topic usage.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
dekdes wrote:making the dutch topic example post as we speak, let me know about topic usage.

I'm unsure. If we have several different creature x posts in one topic, the topic will be cluttered. Then again, if we have multiple topics, the forum will get cluttered. Perhaps we should add a subforum in this one? A subforum called 'creature games'?

Team Llama
299 Posts
I feel really bad now. I just started a forum game along these lines and see it has already been done. My version was kind of less cryptic. Just seeing what people would create on a basic description. See if it matches your imagination.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts

:droopy:

Team Llama
410 Posts
Hexer wrote:I feel really bad now. I just started a forum game along these lines and see it has already been done. My version was kind of less cryptic. Just seeing what people would create on a basic description. See if it matches your imagination.

Oh sorry hexer, I did not know, but hey, we both got the same kind of idea then no problem right ;)

it does not have to be cryptic, my example was just cryptic, but i guess your way will work fine too!

@Rosana's mr.X nice one! thats just great, it shows already the many differences in creature style based on a single description :)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Hexer wrote:I feel really bad now. I just started a forum game along these lines and see it has already been done. My version was kind of less cryptic. Just seeing what people would create on a basic description. See if it matches your imagination.

Oh sorry hexer, I did not know, but hey, we both got the same kind of idea then no problem right ;)
it does not have to be cryptic, my example was just cryptic, but i guess your way will work fine too!

I can also rename that topic and place all of them in a new Creature X forum, one will be cryptic, one not so cryptic? Could both work well :D

dekdes wrote:@Rosana's mr.X nice one! thats just great, it shows already the many differences in creature style based on a single description :)

Thanks, that's also something we found out yesterday when I made Creature X #2 (from ChEeTaH). He had something else in mind but could see why I had chosen the parts for the creature I had made. :p

• Stats