How will you create the universe?

Creature Features: Editor Tips.

Team Llama
410 Posts
Somehow I'm missing a topic such like this one, a topic where you can show us tips or tricks with the creature editor to get some funny and great results.

Since the official spore site is saying to add a "sporetip" tag to your creature, if you think you have a tip, well lets say that a lot of people with sorry to say useless or none tips are out their, and the only reason to add the tag is for popularity.. well, how about a forum topic with some tips, even if you already know a trick or tip from the sporepedia, but haven't seen it here, feel free to share it, not everyone knows all the tricks, I've been called a pro by some users i don't know, but I responded, that my thought are that everyone can be creative, no pro or amateurs, just creativeness, just a few cool tips could make even a single blob look more interesting :)

The only one i can think of now ,this is the what i call " Odd eyes" trick, But you will get 2 heads.

Place an arm part, and delete the hand section, now make sure your "blob" has got 2 arms but not to close to each other. This will make it possible to get heads with 2 sets of different eyes, to get a cartoon style creature. Unfortunately when you try this on 1 head, it does not really work.

Here are the graphics to explain what I'm talking about

Simple blob with 2 arms

Getting the arms spread out a bit

Adding a head part

And now different set of eyes

If someone figures out HOW to get only 1 head in front with 2 different eyes.. please share that trick! :) I haven't figured it out yet, unfortunately sometimes the mirroring in the editor is what i did not want.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Cool tut DeKDeS! I haven't tried two different eyeballs like that yet. So I don't know if there is a way to make this possible. I was thinking of just using the spine for the eyes and all, and then extending the body with arms and legs. But that won't always work. Sometimes non symmetric creatures would work better :p

Team Llama
410 Posts
As posted in another thread, here again the youtube video on creating extended limbs.

• Stats