How will you create the universe?

Need more DNA points? cheat

Team Llama
410 Posts
It brings up the cheat console, now type "addDNA" and press enter, close the console again.

Now you have 150 DNA points extra to get just that other limb on :)

EDIT: Though this cheat works unfortunately you cannot place extra parts because the game says your creature has too many already :(

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Thanks DeKDeS! I had also already tried this one in the first week. It isn't really useful for me atm. Not yet anyway. I hope we'll get more nice cheats once the game launches.

Team Llama
299 Posts
Shame :( I guess this one didn't quite make it into the creature creator :)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Even worse. Without that cheat, I had made a creature (Multi Limbs > Cute-n-Goofy) and it had too many parts to upload. I didn't get an error saying what was wrong. The Creature Creator led me to believe the creature was uploaded. And it indeed was uploaded, but did not appear on my list of creatures. I e-mailed Maxis and they said it was because of the amount of parts. I had to remove a few and try again. But I did not use that cheat at all. So I'm just saying. Even if that cheat would work, you would never be able to upload your creatures to the official Sporepedia.

Team Llama
299 Posts
I remember you posting about this earlier. I wonder if it is because of the save format. It appears to be a mere PNG image... though I'm guessing it will have more information embedded into it.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Hexer wrote:It appears to be a mere PNG image

It's indeed "just" a PNG image. But all the meta data is stored in the image. So I assume the amount of parts is stored in there as well.

Team Llama
299 Posts
Hexer wrote:It appears to be a mere PNG image

It's indeed "just" a PNG image. But all the meta data is stored in the image. So I assume the amount of parts is stored in there as well.

They are pretty small files too. It cannot be the most comprehensive way to store the data... but it is REALLY efficient. Small files with an image the creature it contains... genius...

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts

Exactly what I was thinking when I found out about the PNG format!

Team Llama
410 Posts
I believed I talk about png with cheetah some days ago, when i said, an ingenious but bad person could write a killer computer virus into a png? and all people have to do is to browse the web, the image gets cached, and there we go, infected by web surfing :?

I wish I knew how they did it, if there was a converter to encode in spore png language, and with some basic rules, we just could design creatures from scratch in adobe or such and import computer hand draw creatures :) perhaps far future music ;)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
dekdes wrote:I wish I knew how they did it, if there was a converter to encode in spore png language, and with some basic rules, we just could design creatures from scratch in adobe or such and import computer hand draw creatures :)

Well, yes, but you'd still have to use codes that are recognized within Spore (or the Creature Creator). You wouldn't be able to just add new colors or textures, or new parts etc. If it would work that way, I'd be on it right now :p We may get software in the future in which we can easily change stuff, but I doubt we'll be using a Paint Program for drawing creatures. Maybe I'm wrong. I just don't see it happen. It would be cool of course.

dekdes wrote:I believed I talk about png with cheetah some days ago, when i said, an ingenious but bad person could write a killer computer virus into a png? and all people have to do is to browse the web, the image gets cached, and there we go, infected by web surfing

Also, I'm not saying that it's impossible to transfer a virus that way. But I doubt it'll happen. I mean, JPG/JPEG files also can contain meta data. I never have had a virus through a JPG/JPEG file and like everyone else, I load thousands of those onto my PC each day.

Team Llama
408 Posts
dekdes wrote:I wish I knew how they did it, if there was a converter to encode in spore png language, and with some basic rules, we just could design creatures from scratch in adobe or such and import computer hand draw creatures :)

That's not possible (highly unlikely anyway). The image you see is just a rendered preview image, you can make anything of that but changing it doesn't affect the creature. The creature data is in hidden information (the metadata Rosie talked about), compressed and all, in Spore's own format. You'd need to hack/reverse engineer that to be able to manipulate it. Like Rosana said though, it still won't allow you to create/use new textures or parts, you can only change it as far as possible with the creature creator.

dekdes wrote:I believed I talk about png with cheetah some days ago, when i said, an ingenious but bad person could write a killer computer virus into a png? and all people have to do is to browse the web, the image gets cached, and there we go, infected by web surfing

Again agreeing with Rosie here :P Any file can contain a virus, but there's no danger until code is actually executed. There have been image viruses in the past (due to leaks in Windows), I believe JPG in that specific case, but any up-to-date system should now be safe from that. It's not likely that such a high risk exploit still exists, if it does it is not yet known and once it is known, it will be patched. So you're safe :P
Webmaster The Sims Zone - Webmaster The Spore Zone - Blokjeseliminator - SNWeblogs!

• Stats