How will you create the universe?

Spore DS....

Team Llama
299 Posts
So what is Spore DS going to be like. Is it just me or isn't there much info about this one kicking around..?

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
There is indeed not too much info (compared to the PC version). I played with the DS version a little while. But I was too excited for the PC version so I ended up putting the DS version down, pretty soon after I started playing it. The problem with the DS games is that they're usually adventure like games that take a lot of time. You cannot just skip to one phase and skip a few. I suggest taking a look at the bigger gaming sites like GameSpot etc for a DS review. They usually get a hands-on for all versions. We had to play all version in a very short amount of time. I'm glad we got a chance to play, but I'm just saying. I could have used a little longer for the DS version ;)

Crumplebottom's New Obsession
2748 Posts
i think i might buy it for the DS cause i'm not sure if i'll get it for the pc, well DeKDeS will get it of course, so i'll just wait until it comes out and see :D

Team Llama
299 Posts
I'll have a look at gamespy/ign later :) I may end up buying both of them, then I can play on the go and at home :)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
mogway wrote:i think i might buy it for the DS cause i'm not sure if i'll get it for the pc, well DeKDeS will get it of course, so i'll just wait until it comes out and see :D

The DS game is kinda fun, like many DS games. So I think you may enjoy this if you like the Sims kinda adventure games :)

Hexer wrote:I'll have a look at gamespy/ign later :) I may end up buying both of them, then I can play on the go and at home :)

That's actually a good idea. I still want it for my collection as well.

Team Llama
299 Posts
In my dream world I'd be able to take the same creatures from the PC on the go with me on DS or mobile and have some kind of on the go interaction or evolution. Just a shame the technology out there wouldn't enable this at the moment (no powerful enough/portable/connectible consoles with required control).

(N.B. I understand the spore DS game is a separate game, in device and gameplay -just saying :P)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Well, it will be possible to exchange creatures from mobiles. With codes and all.

Team Llama
299 Posts
Rosana wrote:Well, it will be possible to exchange creatures from mobiles. With codes and all.

Exchange is one thing, but interact? :P

I could imaging phase 1, in that pool on a phone, then you go home and continue ^^ Then later on in the space age travel to other peoples phone.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Rosana wrote:Well, it will be possible to exchange creatures from mobiles. With codes and all.

I could imaging phase 1, in that pool on a phone, then you go home and continue ^^ Then later on in the space age travel to other peoples phone.

I have to disappoint you in this case, since I don't know anything about the mobile version. I didn't even touch it. There was only one mobile version there when we were in Chertsey.

Team Llama
299 Posts
Hexer wrote:

I have to disappoint you in this case, since I don't know anything about the mobile version. I didn't even touch it. There was only one mobile version there when we were in Chertsey.

I'm guessing mobile will be limited to the most advanced devices such as the nokia engage compatible handsets, the LG viewty and the iphone. Even then it'll be limited in comparison to pc.

Unless they REALLY limit things, compress and crap-i-fy it to make it available to any old handset that can barely display a phone number yet alone a creature.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Hexer wrote:the nokia engage compatible handsets, the LG viewty and the iphone

I always hated the fact that I had a modern, high-tech PDA kind of device and couldn't even play Sims games on it! :p
I'm not so sure if I will try out Spore on mobile. I don't even have a mobile right now lol!

Team Llama
299 Posts
Rosana wrote:I don't even have a mobile right now lol!

How do you manage :O

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts

Oh I can live without a phone. I don't even like calling people. Or rather, having people call me. I get more calls from unknown (or hidden) numbers than known. And I don't like chatting with strangers.
The biggest problem I'm having with having no (PDA) phone is that I can't go online either when I'm away. I used to use my PDA for Internet and music, not so much for calling, often txt instead of calls.
I will get another one in the future. Just not now. It's a waste of money for me atm and I really need the money. So no phone for me for a while. (problem is that I want a PDA and pay-to-go doesn't have cheap PDA's)

Team Llama
299 Posts
Hexer wrote:

Oh I can live without a phone. I don't even like calling people. Or rather, having people call me. I get more calls from unknown (or hidden) numbers than known. And I don't like chatting with strangers.
The biggest problem I'm having with having no (PDA) phone is that I can't go online either when I'm away. I used to use my PDA for Internet and music, not so much for calling, often txt instead of calls.
I will get another one in the future. Just not now. It's a waste of money for me atm and I really need the money. So no phone for me for a while. (problem is that I want a PDA and pay-to-go doesn't have cheap PDA's)

I cancelled net on my phone as it was too small (screen). All I want this christmas (when my contract renews) is to get a smartphone/PDA/web phone...

On topic!!! I SAW SPORE ON DS @ E3 ON THE NINTENDO CONFERENCE!!! Woop!

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Hexer wrote:On topic!!! I SAW SPORE ON DS @ E3 ON THE NINTENDO CONFERENCE!!! Woop!

w00t!

• Stats