Come chat with us about the newest SimCity. Or if you want, talk about the older SimCity games. Show off your cities, regions and more.

Issues running Sims2 on Win8

Nooboo
1 Posts
Installed Graphics Rules Maker as suggested for Sims2 (Double Deluxe without the expansion packs, for now) with basic tweaks. Still having 'launcher has stopped working' message.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I'll send ChEeTaH over to the forums to see if he can help. If you are on Twitter you can also send him a reply there.

Team Llama
408 Posts
The graphics rules maker won't help against crashes, it can only improve graphics if they look terrible.

Didn't you get the Ultimate collection when that was possible? I only test it with that. You may contact EA/Origin support, see if they can still give you that version - it just might work a little better on Windows 8 etc.

Otherwise, try bypassing the launcher by running the Sims2.exe from the installation folder directly (C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\The Sims 2\TSBin\Sims2.exe if I remember correctly). The file might be named Sims2EP2 or so for Double Deluxe, I'm not sure. Hopefully the game itself doesn't crash, and it's only the launcher :)
Webmaster The Sims Zone - Webmaster The Spore Zone - Blokjeseliminator - SNWeblogs!

• Stats