Come chat with us about the newest SimCity. Or if you want, talk about the older SimCity games. Show off your cities, regions and more.

sc4 Import into TS2?

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Does anyone know yet how to succesfully import own made SC4 terrains into TS2? If so, please let me know. I've tried some things myself but it did not work yet.. :)

Bella's Best Friend Forever
1024 Posts
It's possible to import the little SC4 terrains into TS2. And it's quite simple too.

First of all, make your own region on SC4. This will make it easier to find your own made terrains. Only the little terrains will be accepted in TS2. Open a terrain, give it a name and jump into GodMode to create the surface. Don't make to much mountains or high leveled land, TS2 has viewingproblems with this. TS2 will see trees, but doesn't see palmtrees. Including animals is nice when you play Simcity4, but they disappear in TS2.

When you're finished creating your surface, jump into MayorMode and build roads. I'm not sure TS2 will accept streets, but roads are accepted nicely.
When you want to use bridges, use only the first bridge of the possible selections, TS2 doesn't accept other bridges.
All done, save your new terrain.

Just like TS2, Simcity 4 creates a directory in My Documents. Open this one and you will find the directory called Regions. Here you will find all the regions (or countries) created in SC4. Now open your just newly made region.
Here you will find your just made terrain (city). File extension is sc4
Copy this file.

Now go to your TS2 directory and open the directory SC4Terrains. Paste your file in here.

When you start TS2, just press the button for making new neighbourhoods. You will find your new terrain in the list. If there isn't a picture, make one in SC4, give it the same name as your terrain and place it in your SC4Terrains-directory in The Sims 2. (Be sure the picture is a PNG)

Good luck....
:clap:

edited by rhspaul, June 18th 2005

• Stats