The Sims are everywhere!

about TS2 on console

Mortimer Goth's Distant Cousin
587 Posts
The Nintendo DS and GBA versions of The Sims 2 that we reported on yesterday, for example, are set exclusively in the Strangetown neighborhood and will see you assuming the roles of a hotel manager and a TV star, respectively. The PlayStation 2, Xbox, and GameCube versions of the game will, unsurprisingly, offer an experience that's much closer to the original PC game than their handheld counterparts. There will be plenty of new content in the console versions to pique the interest of those of you who have already played the PC game, though, and each of the three console games will boast its own unique features.

One of the first things you'll notice about the console versions of The Sims 2 is that, surprisingly, they afford you even more create-a-sim opportunities than the PC game did, including options to morph the shape of your sim's head and body. The console games will also boast a new create-a-fashion mode that lets you customize any of the garments in the game with new textures, patterns, and materials that you've unlocked.

Another of the major new features being introduced in the console incarnations of The Sims 2 is a custom food-preparation system that will let you create your own recipes using around 60 different in-game ingredients and a number of different kitchen appliances, such as a toaster, an oven, and a blender. The foods that you prepare will essentially be power-ups that, when consumed, have an effect on your character's motives, moods, interactions with other characters, and such.

Because the console games take place in the same neighborhoods that are in the PC game, you can look forward to encounters with some existing characters, as well as continuations of some storylines involving them. The console versions of The Sims 2 will feature around 35 non-player characters that will be recognizable to fans of the PC game, as well as at least 25 that are new. You'll encounter these characters in locales that will also be familiar to you if you've played the PC game, although you couldn't visit any of them before. You certainly won't need to have played the PC game to understand what's going on, but there will be plenty of opportunities to raise a knowing smile if you have.

So, what about the platform-specific features that we alluded to earlier? PlayStation 2 owners will be able to use an EyeToy camera to put themselves in the game, whether it be as a sim, a wallpaper, a billboard, or even a T-shirt. GameCube owners will have an opportunity to unlock plenty of exclusive items as they progress through the game, and Xbox owners will be able to play The Sims 2 in 720p on their HDTV setups.

The console versions of The Sims 2 are currently scheduled for release this fall

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
That's so cool! I've got a Gamecube. I'm going to get this consoleversion of ts2 as well :)

587 Posts
hey rosana so long that i have not that to u
yeah that so cool that they are making it for consolesi going to get on my PS2 but the thibng taht i love more is that they are going to put more clothings that are different then the ones on the PC version of it.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Yes I saw a screenshot of a console version. It looks just as awesome and I noticed the new clothing that we do not have on PC..
I wish they'd put more clothing into the PC version, like I saw on the screen.. it would make a lot of ppl happy :D

587 Posts
yeah, that would be cool if the put more clothing but the new one that is come out call TS2 nightlife have to have more clothing.

BUt have u see how there going to put the on the conloses they look more real then the ones at the PC vertion.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
They look realistic indeed.. But I'm happy with the PC version as well ;-) I recently got the Gamecube and I also have URBZ and Bustin Out.. I wonder how TS2 will be on console.. I bet it'll be awesome.. I'm waiting for more screens to be released :p
Last edited by Guest on Aug 15, 2006 7:55am, edited 1 time in total.

587 Posts
but the thing that i want to know about the game if they can die of old age . i know that they going to put the want and fears. that something cool.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I agree.. I hope they duplicate the game for the console, but add more fun stuff so it won't be exactly the same :)

587 Posts
something that i know that they add on the game was that u could make ur on food. and there going to put 30 new charaters and 25 from the PC version.:D

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
yeah that's nice :) I hope you don't have to unlock everything though.. And I hope there will be (money)cheats too :D

587 Posts
but maybe they are going to put the cheat the u have all the things.
yeah i hope the put the money cheat because on the urbz didn't had it

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
you mean boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true/false?
That's the only Sims2 cheat I know of that can do everything.. lol

I know Urbz doesn't have a moneycheat and that wasn't fun :p
Let's hope they add one now :p

587 Posts
i like a cheat on the TS1 for console the cheat is that u could see like what there looking at is like u are them so that could maybe i hope they put it on the one.:D

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Oh that sounds nice indeed.. Like you are the Sim :p

587 Posts
yeah u see what there lokking at is verry cool.
i hope the put the money tree that a good thing.

• Stats