Discuss anything related to The Sims 2 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

Newbie to site and new to Sims 2

Nooboo
4 Posts

I never had time to play Sims 2 but have devoted hours to playing all things Sims 3 including learning to add mods/cc etc after the last patch.

while I am waiting for my Sims 2 discs to arrive I am trying to look around the internet for problem solving that I feel I may experience setting up on a windows 7 64 bit system with a Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 graphics card.

With the above in mind I came across Introducing: Graphics Rules Maker which I am assuming allows my graphics card compatibility to play sims 2?

I obviously like this idea however I am wondering if this will effect my graphics in any way when I choose to play Sims 3 as I intend to run sims 2 and 3 on the same desktop as it has been custom built and my PC tech says I should have no problems with my set up doing this.

Could anyone please tell me if Graphics rule maker will effect my sims 3 graphics when I play?

Thanks

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Hi Susiesim72, welcome to the site and forums! :D

The Graphics Rules Maker has the ability to edit a couple of games, Sims 2 being one of them. But it doesn't interfere or adjust your Sims 3 game in any way, as it doesn't alter the Sims 3 files at all. I hope this answers your question!

Nooboo
4 Posts

It feels strange being new to a whole new series of sims to try out-)

Nooboo
4 Posts

Quick question I discovered I am going to be given the Ultimate collection by EA after a lot of grovelling and I read online that this digital version download appears to have some different file paths to the disc versions which made me wonder if the Graphics rule maker is still compatible with the ultimate collection version?

Warm Regards

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts

I love The Sims 2. I got into the classic The Sims in 2000, and I've played all the versions ever since. But The Sims 2 is probably still my favourite series of all of them! :)

I have used the tool on my physical Sims 2 collection, as well as the Ultimate Collection via origin, and both versions can be altered with the Graphics Rules Maker. :) My boyfriend (the programmer who made the Graphics Rules Maker) also said:

Graphics Rules Maker should automatically detect the correct paths for the ultimate collection.

Should you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask! :D

Nooboo
4 Posts

what a godsend your boyfriend must be if he can understand all these things, thank him for me he has my utmost appreciation.

I consider myself reasonably clued up with all things Sims 3 but after watching you tube videos I realized I was watching a lot more Sims 2 because I loved the quirky animations and I believe with a little help the sims can look stunning and more realistic then sims 3/4 which to me look a little cartoony and although I have bought sims 4 as well I don't think the animations are as good as sims 2...

I will always be in love with Sims 3 its the first game I ever started to play but I am realizing Sims 2 has so many more little noticeable things to offer and despite being new to the series I am dying to play it to the fullest regardless if it takes me ages to understand everything LOL

I only realized yesterday there were a lot of Sims 2 player complaints regards path changes in in the ultimate collection download compared to the discs and had to start all over again with my research again to make sure which the mods and CC I was hoping to add were compatible.

I have asked myself more than once today why the heck am I doing this LOL

Thank you so much for helping me with your quick answers I appreciate it so much..

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Sorry for the belated reply. Been very busy with custom content on the site, and as of today also with the Sims 4: Get Together pack haha.

I'm really happy my boyfriend knows how to make tools haha. Comes in handy a lot. We tend to work together quite often on things. I provide him with graphics and such :P And he sometimes helps me with the site whenever I'm stuck on something that's a bit too technical/difficult.

I love all the Sims games. I have to say it took me a bit longer to get into The Sims 3 than I did with the other games. Also, I think with the right CC (and patience) TS4 will become equally amazing. I mean The Sims 2 was released 11+ years ago. So there's about 5 years worth of expansions and stuff packs, and on top of that there's 11 years worth of custom content for the game. :P

I just wish The Sims 4 had A LOT of the content from TS2. Now I know there are plenty of people in the community converting things. But as much as I like creating CC myself, I'm very careful about installing CC from others haha.

I hope you managed to get the game working by now. If you can, let me know! I'd love to hear if you got things working properly. :D

• Stats