Discuss anything related to The Sims 2 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

Sims 2 can not find gpu?

Nooboo
1 Posts
I am trying to play The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection on a GTX 980 and im getting a "Failed to find DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!." i used Graphics Rules Maker for the tweaks and to add the card id to the Video Cards.sgr file i also looked at it and my gpu and its vender id is showing at the end of the vender list. I can get the game to start if i do -w in the target but that is about it so are there any suggestions about what i might of missed? also i downloaded it thru origin and it is trying to load from "mansion and Garden Stuff (Fun with Pets) and my drivers are up to date.

Team Llama
408 Posts
You can try copying the Video Cards.sgr database file to various other locations, maybe the game isn't loading the database you edited with Graphics Rules Maker.

Also, if you got Fun with Pets (and not the ultimate collection), you might in fact be using the store edition. In that case see if it helps to copy the rules files to within the EP99/TSData/Res/Config directory - or just point the Graphics Rules Maker to the EP99 directory as game location.

If that doesn't help, you might find some help at http://leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=5446
Webmaster The Sims Zone - Webmaster The Spore Zone - Blokjeseliminator - SNWeblogs!

• Stats