Discuss anything related to The Sims 2 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

Newspaper print issue in sims 2

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
I am currently trying to solve a severe issue in sims 2. i know this is not a sims 2 forum, but i just thought i'd share this with you. if this wasn't so screwed up it would be hilarious. Just look at the pics! :eek:

Currently trying to solve this in Modthesims2 forum. If you are interested to see what is happening, go to http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=302524

snapshot_cd338e66_d5e7ed0a.jpg
snapshot_cd338e66_55e7ed4c.jpg
snapshot_cd338e66_95e7ed28.jpg

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
That's just weird. :confused: I haven't experienced anything like this yet. But I have to be honest. I don't have Apartment Life yet (no money to buy it myself and someone seems to have messed things up at EA - causing the fansites to miss out on this one), and ever since Spore came out, I haven't played any other game. Is this an issue more people are having?

Servo's Slave
100 Posts
I have read about some people who ever had it on some textures. however a simple reinstall seemed to have usually solved it for them, and the error didn't show up in almost all of the basegame-stuff either.

My laptop can handle Sims 2 way better than my computer, however my laptop vid card is not supported for Sims 2, therefor EA's helpdesk is not an option. Sigh...

Team Llama
408 Posts
As noted in the MTS2 thread: this doesn't have anything to do with the graphics card - very unlikely anyway. It's missing textures, or textures are corrupt.

Few things you could try: download an AL torrent, install from that. Try different graphics settings (esp. texture quality). Manually extract the .package files from the DVD (I assume they're in a data2.cab file or so as usual) to your installation directory.

Make sure you don't install any EP to the same directory as TS2 itself!
Webmaster The Sims Zone - Webmaster The Spore Zone - Blokjeseliminator - SNWeblogs!

• Stats