Discuss anything related to The Sims 2 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

First Impression Pets

What was your first impression about PETS?

Total votes : 0

Bella's Best Friend Forever
1024 Posts
We had to wait some time, but finally it's there.... The Sims 2 Pets.

And did you buy it???
Did you install this new fabulous EP on your PC?
And started your first family with PETS????

What did you think, when you started The Sims 2 Pets?
Let us know and fill in the poll......

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I love it... I don't have enough time to actually play the expansion but I have played it a little (also when I visited Maxis in July) and I am already addicted... Don't have a lot to complain about (yet) so, I chose SUPERB! :p

Servo's Slave
103 Posts

I got Pets on Friday and I'm been fittting it in between housework and looking after my little girl. It's a juggle I can tell you. :P But, I really like it. The markings are really cool and Maxis have managed to capture so many of the charactaristics shown in animals. I love it when the Wormrats scrabble up the side of their cage and then slowly side down, it's so funny. :lol:

One thing I am stuck on is how you get the collars that you bought at the shops, on to your pets. I'm sure it's really simple but I've yet to work it out. :roll:

So that's what I think, I chose SUPERB of course. :D
:star02: :happy: :star02: :uhm: :star02: :frusty: :star02: :giggle: :star02:

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Hi again Galatea, the collars can be changed by selecting one of your Sims, clicking a mirror and then choose to change the appearance of one of your pets... Then you can change the collar :) I hope that solves the problem :D

Servo's Slave
103 Posts
:star02: :happy: :star02: :uhm: :star02: :frusty: :star02: :giggle: :star02:

Nooboo
3 Posts
I love the new expansion, I voted superb. However, I wish some of the beds/houses came in pink. All the accessories are available in pink and I had a nice theme going on, but none of the beds match! =( Guess I'll have to wait for some custom player made content! =) Also, the fact that there are few toys for dogs is a little lame. But other than that nit-picky stuff, I am totally happy with this pack!

Bella's Best Friend Forever
1024 Posts
It's true, a lot of the programming is used to make creating cats or dogs a very special item. And you are right, TianaSenn, there are just a few pets accessories. I expected some more extra items too.
But there is also an another new feature. It's not told in the manual, but you can find it back in the READ.ME If your Sim is climbing in creativity, he/she wll be able to paint pictures you can select from the folder My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Paintings. In this folder it's possible to place your own pictures (.JPG is most common here) and let your Sims paint it.

Laganaphyllis Simnivorii
7900 Posts
the first pet i adopted was a kitten... wich was sooo cute and tiny!! i immediatly fell in love with it! i looooove this expantion :D
Deze smiley's worden gepromoot door Tamara: :celebration: :clown2: :blowkiss: :cornerpeek:

• Stats