Discuss anything related to The Sims 2 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

where you put the download when you download some clothes ?

Nooboo
2 Posts

I download some clothes for the sims 2. I install and extract them in " my documents/EA games/the sims 2/downloads. When I started my game, there is nothing at all. Where do I put the downloads ?

excuse english
I hope that you understand

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
Ok go in to " my documents/EA games/the sims 2/downloads" then the stuff you dowloaded should have little icons, double click on these icons and wait for a box (normally blue) asking you if you want to install them, click ok or yes or whatever it says then it should say "custom content successfully installed!" And there you are, now just play on TS2.

P.S. THIS WON'T WORK IF TS2 IS ALREADY RUNNING, THEY WON'T APPEAR. RESTART IT TO SEE THE EFFECTS! :boogie:
P.P.S THE ENGLISH WAS PREFECT, I UNDERSTOOD EVERY WORD. :paw5:
To be living, you can not be dead,
To be sane, you can not be mad,
To be innocent ,you can not be guilty,
To be caring, you can not be selfish,
To be different, you can not be the same.

Hi I'm Hannah or Lily depending on whether I'm in the real world or not!

Nooboo
1 Posts
I know where to put the downloads, and they have worked in the past. I have a new problem though. I'm not sure if it happened right away after I installed nightlife, or if it just happened to be a fluke as far as timing, but none of my custom clothes or genetics show up ingame. All of the custom objects work fine, but the stuff for the sims themselves is mysteriously absent from my game.

Bella's Best Friend Forever
1024 Posts
This is also mentioned in the manual, but it's true. When you install an expansion there is a possibility, that some downloads doesn't work.
I hope you have the original files, so the best way is to empty the download folder and reinstall the files again.

Good Luck

• Stats