Discuss anything related to The Sims 2 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

Virus warning

Bella's Best Friend Forever
1024 Posts
Sometimes there is a virus hoax spreading round. When I recieved a message about a Simssite, that was spreading virusses, I didn't believe this.

After checking some sources, I didnt find an URL, but some warnings about meshes containing a virus. Downloads from one of our affiliates, Sims2Sisters, are considered infected, but I can't find anything true about this.

But, if you have downloaded something containing virusses, please let us know. Just place your reply in this topic.

Thanks
RHSPaul, Forumadmin

Laganaphyllis Simnivorii
8371 Posts
Virus hoaxes are false reports about non-existent viruses, often claiming to do impossible things. Unfortunately some recipients occasionally believe a hoax to be a true virus warning and may take drastic action and forwarding the message to lots of people causing severe strength on the internet.

1024 Posts
Thanks Lord Marino, for explaining virus hoaxes, but like I said, I didn't believe it at all.
In the meanwhile I contacted the admins of Sims2Sisters, but they never had any complaint about their downloads or the fact that their downloads were containing virusses.

Some of my other contacts (among them a virushunter) mailed me, that this must be marked as a hoax, because they didn't get any report about downloads for The Sims (1 or 2) containing virusses.

Checking om various Simsfansites learns us, that downloading Sims-stuff is very populair. And that's the reason this topic is started. When you download a package, and it does contain virusses, you can report it in this topic. We will try to warn the webmaster/admins of the mentioned site.

And, maybe this is a relief for you all, downloads from SNW are garantueed free of virusses.

1625 Posts
Because this link from S2S contain a pop-up with a trojan. So be careful ;)

Team Llama
299 Posts
It could be someone trying to destroy a reputation

• Stats