Discuss anything related to The Sims 2 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

Adding the Neighborhood Fly-by?

Nooboo
2 Posts
Is there any way to add a neighborhood flyby like the original 3 neighborhoods have? I think it's kinda dull to just pop into a user created neighborhood, and it would be nice to get a better view of the neighborhood like this.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I don't really know. It should be possible, and I wanted this myself too, but I haven't found a way yet to do so.. It is indeed a lot nicer. So I hope someone else will be able to tell us..

Nooboo
2 Posts
On another note, is there any way to copy the original starting neighborhoods off of the CD / DVD without uninstalling and reinstalling?

Bella's Best Friend Forever
1024 Posts
I'm still puzzling over the fly-by, I can'get this one either. But I'm still working on it.
Getting to castun second question. I had a major crash (hip hooray for all those virusses) but was able to save my Documents. There you'll find the EA folder with all the neighbourhoods. If not changed by playing, here you can find the starting neighbourhoods.

When you copy neighbourhoods and place them back into the folder EA/The Sims 2/Neighbourhoods, first renumber the folder. So the next neighbourhood would be the folder N004....etc...etc

Edited by RHSPaul July 28th, 22.30

Nooboo
5 Posts
castun wrote:On another note, is there any way to copy the original starting neighborhoods off of the CD / DVD without uninstalling and reinstalling?

Yes, you can find the very originals in C:Program FilesEA GAMESThe Sims 2TSDataResUserDataNeighborhoods. Copy either N001, N002, or N003 (Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville) to your My DocumentsEA GamesThe Sims 2Neighborhoods folder. If you want to overwrite your copy of the neighborhood (start over fresh) click yes when it prompts you if you want to overwrite. If you don't copy it somewhere else, rename it, then copy it to the neighborhood folder.

• Stats