Discuss anything related to The Sims 2 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

Difficult?

Team Llama
299 Posts
Hiyas, I have been thinking about the sim genre and the games within it and I think that the games are in general, increasing in difficulty. I don't mean for older people, but young children. I have had a go on all the sims citys, and they are becoming increasingly complicated, and features like the roof tool on the sims 2 may be difficult to use.

Do you agree the games are geting harder, and doing so they are eliminating young children's oppertunitys to play the game

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I agree on the fact that it's becoming more difficult but I think that when younger children use a PC, most of the parents do as well, maybe parents should join their little ones while they're behind the pc, to get them known with certain things in a game..

Nooboo
6 Posts

Bella's Best Friend Forever
1024 Posts
jokerd, you're absolutely right. Building mode has become somewhat more difficult when you compare it to The Sims 1. Even the gameplay (the neighbourhoods al have a hidden scenario and story when you like to play with the programmed characters) has some difficult moments.
My youngest daughter (7 years old) is as much Simsfanatic as I am, but she asked to reinstall The Sims 1 (and expansions), because she couldn't make nice houses in The Sims 2.
Like Rosana mentioned, if younger children are playing the Sims 2 adults must be standby to help them with the difficult parts.

Team Llama
299 Posts
I know, I really think maxis is shutting out a whole audience. Even I needed help with roofs when I started as I had this huge complicated house, and auto-roof looked rubbish.

Even in sim city, It took me 2 months to make a decent city, but once you've got the skill its easy and I can found good citys really quick. Shame the exp. pack ruins your budget when you install it lol

In night life they are adding a new half wall tool which I think will further complicate things for younger ones...

• Stats