Discuss anything related to The Sims 2 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

Freezing Survey

Nooboo
14 Posts

I am doing a survery on how many people's computer has frozen (stopped/jammed) while playing their Sims 2 game.
I would like to know:
a) How often does it freeze (Eg. so many times a day/so many times a week)...

b) If it freezes in a particular situation (Eg. party, sim movie, picture taking)...

and

c) What are your system requirements? (RAM, Graphics Card make and RAM, Processor etc).

If you could do this for me, you would be most helpful! Thankyou :D
And long has it been,
Since someone you let in,
Has given what I gave to you.

Fan of Freezer Bunny
5350 Posts
mine did not freeze yet but i discoverd lots of bugs:

1) they walk straight trough not open doors :s

2) the bath is full of bubbels but nobody's taking a bath :s

3) bubbles in stead of butterfly's :s

4) the bath and toilet is broken i call the handy-man but he says everything is ok and doesn't fix them

5) there are dirty plates on the ground but no optionsfor putting them away and even with the cheat-code move-objects on i cannot delete them :s

Nooboo
13 Posts
the only thing that is frozen by me is my town its only 9 degrees F.

Nooboo
10 Posts
LOL, well, has it ever rained in any of your neihborhoods? IT HAS NEVER RAINED IN MINE!!! I WANT it to rain, I want it for my story. Also..... My bugs are...

A) At random points in the game, the screen will minimize for NO REASON. It can still be opened up, but it is still annyoing!

B) Sometimes my sims will get stuck in the wall.

C) Bubbles in the tub, but nobody's there....

D) Maids get stuck in the shower.

Nooboo
10 Posts
Also, when my gay couple was making out in the hot tub, the african american ones arms went all weird. They were stuck to the other man's chest. Very odd, obviously, a base frame mix-up. :gallery:

Nooboo
24 Posts
If you have enough memory installed on your pc and it still freezes, then try these. close all background applications but explorer and system tray, I even close the system tray on mine. Run a Spyware remover, you wouldn't believe how much they slow a pc down. Defrag and run a Through Scan Disc , clean up your cache and cookies. Get rid of files you no longer use. :)
You can find my lots for download at http://modthesims2.com/index.php
MY ID is the same Yada_Yada_Sc

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
My game only freezes when I try to visit a house that have had Sims in it. Once I remove the Sims, the house is doomed to crash in my game.. Don't have any other problems though..

I have a Pentium4 2.8GHz, ATI Radeon 9800 XT

Team Llama
299 Posts
Mine really only ever crashed once in a alien abeduction, but as soon as I updated by video card driver everything was fine :P

Nooboo
3 Posts
mine crashes like everytime i get on the sims it because the sound card stops working or something they havent found out wut is wrong but they r researching it
-*-::Shannon::-*-

"There’s some good things left in this world Mr. Frodo, and it’s worth fighting for" LOTR,Sam

-*-::Shannon::-*-

Nooboo
5 Posts
My Sims 2 game crashed when I alt-tabbed out and came back. The screen was blue and it had the hourglass. It doesn't crash every time I come back to the game after alt-tabbing though.
My system has:
-224MB RAM
-Pro Savage DDR Integrated Graphics Card
-AMD Athlon 1800 1.53 GHz
-Win XP w/Service Pack 2
-12.4 GB space left; 24.8 GB used; 37.2 GB capacity

• Stats