Discuss anything related to The Sims 2 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

I need help plz with downloads?

Nooboo
4 Posts
This has been asked many times I know but I can't seem to use any of my downloaded things. I don't think they are any from this site. I seem to have them scattered all over the place in different files. Most of them are of the 'PACKAGE File' type. They open with 'The Sims 2 Body Shop Content Installer'. It then asks me to double-click a custom content package file. I thought that is what I just opened, so I click ok but then nothing happens. I do have some 'SIMS2PACK File' downloads that work just fine & open the content installer.
Now that I have rambled on, I hope I have explained my problem clearly enough & I hope that someone could help me with this. Thanks :P

Nooboo
1 Posts
All .package files go into your EA Games/ Sims 2/ Downloads folder.
After you have moved them into this folder they will be available in the game. ;)

Nooboo
4 Posts
Thank you, thank you, thank you blindbud!!! That has solved my problems. Now I can see & use everything! Great!
I wonder why then do other webmasters tell you to put these things into the Bodyshop2/Downloads file instead? Mind you, some of the .package files have worked there.
Another question of you if I may? For the .package files, is The Sims 2/Downloads the place for all of these types or just for the files pertaining to the bodyshop2 things ie: genetics, clothes, faces...? I also have some houses in my Neighbourhood/N001/Lots file (& the other two, N002, N003) that I downloaded ( & some I didn't?) that are .package files. Do they get moved also? I don't want to start moving things around in case I mess things up.
Thanks for answering so quickly on the last post. Babyewok

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Yup that's correct, .package files go into My DocumentsEA GamesThe Sims 2Downloads
If you download skins from this site, you can doubleclick them and they will be installed automatically.

Houses have to be doubleclicked as well, and they will be installed into your Lot Catalog (My DocumentsEA GamesThe Sims 2LotCatalog)

Nooboo
4 Posts
Thanks muchly for your help guys! You have sorted everything out for me and I had no idea about the .package files or the Lot Catalog folder either. Most other sites I have been to have said to put everything into the bodyshop2/downloads file.

You guys have saved me so much time and frustration with your help. Keep up the good work and the wonderful site. :clap: I can only imagine how hard you must have to work to keep this going!

Thanks again! :dance3: Babyewok

Fan of Freezer Bunny
5350 Posts

Nooboo
4 Posts
Well, now I know :oops: :!: At least now I can start to enjoy my game more :clap: Thanx

Babyewok

Nooboo
1 Posts
when i try to download the downloads with the download files it never works for me. I never had trouble when it was packaged from the body shop, so can you plz make some more downloads that are from package, bodyshop?

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Most of the downloads on SNW are in Sims2Skin or Sims2Pack format. These types are easy to install (by doubleclicking them). We hardly upload .package or any other format, unless the maker of the item wishes to upload it in that certain format..

If doubleclicking really doesn't work, then something has gone wrong while downloading it. This has never happened to me, but it happens to some people, certainly when they use Internet Explorer. I can only suggest to use Mozilla Firefox to prevent this and if that doesn't help, redownload the items.. :)

• Stats