Discuss anything related to The Sims 2 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

help~! outlines when makin clothes.. =/

Nooboo
16 Posts
hey.. ive got a problem similar to the other post about the "sleeves outline" except i get it when im trying to make miniskirts.. im using one of the maxis made miniskirts.. but im tryin to put a slit up the side.. however i still get that outline where the end of miniskirt is like with the sleeves.. how can i get rid of this? i dont really understand much about meshes.. does that mean i wont be able make parts of my clothes.. "transparent" ?

Team Llama
468 Posts

Yes it is because of the mesh underneath. I am not a skinner but I think I read somewhere that if you want to add slits or change the actual design then it's best to use a swimsuit mesh. I maybe wrong so it might be worthwhile having a look on various boards for the info. Failing that Rosana will probably know as she is a skinner. :)
Due back in Holland 26/9 doh!!!

Nooboo
16 Posts
ohh thanks i didnt think of using swimsuit or other clothin.. thanks i'll try that =)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Well sometimes you can't edit things because the meshes have certain shapes.. But you might want to try what Steve already said.. That way you can create transparant parts without the outlines :)

Nooboo
16 Posts
hey.. i tried steves suggestion about the swimsuits.. it doesnt work tho because it makes the skirt of the minidress pants.. if you get what i mean. >.<" i dun think i can do what i want with these meshes.. which i stll dont fully understand.. oh well. thanks for the help anywayz ^^

Team Llama
468 Posts
Thats a shame. Have you tried altering the alpha layer?

Nooboo
22 Posts
Even if you edit the alpha layer, you can still see the shape of the mesh.

Team Llama
468 Posts
Thought so....O'h well we shall just have to hope new meshes are developed quickly.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Well you can edit the alpha layer to make things transparant, or remove parts of something.. But you can't change meshes (yet) so we'll have to make something nice out of the existing skins.. I'm sure you'll find something in the game that you can change into whatever you like.. Just look some more.. There are limits in this until we can actually edit the meshes.. But this isn't the easiest thing to do either.. believe me..

I edited some night/underwear for a teen female. I used a texture from a female adult nightie.. I believe that teens need nighties as well.. I know I did have them at that age..
This is the result:

(This is the original texture)

Team Llama
468 Posts
Thats good work Rosana, I must have another go at skinning :)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Thnx Steve, I made 11 of them, in different colours. I'll probably upload them tomorrow as I have stuff to upload by others today.. :)
And I also made 8 new skin colours, 3 eye shadows, 2 lipsticks, 10 re-colours of those female adult nighties, 7 swimming trunks for boys, 9 swimming trunks for teen boys, 5 swimming trunks for adult males, some sweet suits for toddlers, 5 new pair of trousers for teen girls, 8 bathing suits for elder females, 5 swimming trunks for elder males, 8 bathing suits for adult females, 8 bathing suits for teen girls and some more..
I also have around 60 lipsticks I still have to upload, 20 eye shadows, 5 eye liners, glasses (more than 5), and male hairdo's. When I feel like it I'll also make more male clothing.. But right now.. I think the swimming trunks are nice to start with for the males..

Team Llama
468 Posts
And thats without your 'white house', I really liked that. You must upload it. BTW....charmed is over 500 :)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Yeah I noticed, it's really good! :lol: I can't beat that :p
I think I'll upload my homes after the stuff of the other artists.. because I still have problems uploading homes.. :(

Team Llama
468 Posts

I am working on a request at the moment......The Playboy mansion. It has been really difficult. Sarah (who asked me to do it), has designed some cute bunny girls and Hugh Hefner....they are really good.

Nooboo
2 Posts
im sort of having the same problem. wut is a mesh though?

• Stats