Discuss anything related to The Sims 2 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

I NEED HELP

Nooboo
5 Posts
First, i'm sorry but i don't speak english very well :(

I have downloaded hairs for my sims, i have double click on the file to put them in "bodyshop" (i think it's the translation of "boite@look" in french) but i see message wich tell me that i have to double click on the file to install it in "bodyshop" ...
and when i go in "bodyshop" i can't find my hairs ...

I hope you understand what i mean :?

Can you help me ?

Thanx a lot !!!!

Team Llama
468 Posts

When you create a family in the game. Go to hair type and select the custom button (looks like a star), your hairstyle will be in there.

As for bodyshop, you will have to ask Rosana as she is the expert :)
Due back in Holland 26/9 doh!!!

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
BodyShop works practically the same ;) the flower/star icon is where you'll find the custom content or downloads. If they are not under that icon, let me know.. :)

Nooboo
5 Posts
The problem is that they are not under that icon :cry:

Terrible Townie
33 Posts
If you double click the sims2skin file the message that appears should be different than "double click archive to install content". It depends on the archive, but it should be different than that, because that is the message that appears when you click on the package extractor, not on the package itself.

I don't know if you understand, my english is not that good.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Well I can understand both of you :mryellow:
Sometimes when a file is corrupt, (this can happen after you've downloaded it, or while downloading it) you also get a message that you should doubleclick on content to install it. Maybe you should try downloading it again? I haven't had many complaints yet about the files not working.. :) I hope the files will work.. ;)

Nooboo
5 Posts

i retry to download the files

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts

Nooboo
5 Posts
i retried to dowload the files, but now it's an ".xml" file and i can't do nothing with.
I hope someone have a solution ...

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Yes I know what the problem is, I think. If you do not run Windows XP, Windows will save your file as a XML file. But you can select 'All files' when downloading it, then Windows will save the file correctly, as a sims2skin. ;)

Nooboo
5 Posts

Nooboo
1 Posts
HeY im sorta havin the same problem here ok but when i try to open the body shop i get this msg " Direct3D returned an error: D3DERR_INVALIDCALL! The application will now teminate" i tried reinstalling it and i eve bout a new copy but still the same and my windows are XP can u plzzz help me out ASAP my email is : Js_xoxo@hotmail.com PLZZZZ HELP THX :tears:

Nooboo
2 Posts
Huhm.. Now we're at it.. Where do I download? I can't find it! argh...!

Nooboo
2 Posts
Hey! How do I upload those sim pictures? Can I make one on my one? :D

• Stats