Discuss anything related to The Sims 3 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

Ageing settings

Nooboo
4 Posts
I have sims 3 pets and sims 3 adition expansion pack...I tried everything to change ageing settings and it changes but every time I go on sims again it is the same like I didn`t change the settings.......I save it and everything but it`s like I didn`t change it

Please help me....P.S about this ageing settings I want them to grow up .....I want them to grow up rather than to stay always the same ..... :) :-D

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Hi there. Did you try to change it in a certain save game, or in general? Because you can't change these settings in general, has to be done per save game. Which means you can have a save game where Sims live forever, and another save game where they actually age.

Have you tried testing it on another save? To see if it's just with this particular save game?

Nooboo
4 Posts

Nooboo
4 Posts
How can I explain this..........I push the button NEW GAME and before I click the button CREATE SIMS I went to the options and adjusted settings that I can age over the time.........but that didn`t work so I tried this.... I made a family and then I adjust settings ...and it also did not work

WHAT SHOULD I DO?PLEASE HELP ME :)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
No need to use caps, I can read just fine.

It should work if you are already in a save game. I suggest contacting EA helpdesk instead, because there is not much I can do in this particular situation. You can contact them on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AskEASupport Or try asking for help on the official forums (though not sure if you'll get an answer from EA there).

Nooboo
4 Posts
ok thanks for help...I just wanna to say something else......When I adjust settings like I want to and I play my sims family...my settings are like I adjust them....but when I quit the game(I save the game ofcourse) and come back later my ageing settings are the same like I didn`t change them

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
It sounds like a similar problem I had a long time ago. I used to be unable to save certain settings. Wasn't about ageing, but about sharing my stats/information with EA, I didn't want that. So I unchecked this option. And each time it would reset back to sharing it with EA. I never actually managed to solve this back then, though I sometimes just start fresh with a new The Sims 3 folder, but that might not be the best option for you if you have stuff you would like to keep.

You may want to try and see if you can clear your caches, and see if that makes a difference. Caches are safe to remove. You can read more about it on Crinrict's help blog: http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/fa ... files.html

• Stats