Discuss anything related to The Sims 3 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

Show your Sims 3 houses

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
haha You should use store content if you like! If people don't have the items, it gets replaced. So they can still download.

Looks good! :) How and why are your windows so blue? The glass I mean

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Thanks! :D These windows are from ITF, and you can change the glass colour! So I didn't want a sci-fi look on this house, but I wanted to add something special? Haha :p hence the blue. The blue seemed the most natural besides white and black.

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
oh really?! I don't have ITF (yet). But that'll change soon.
But that is really cool!

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Ohhh that explains why you didn't recognize them. Yes I absolutely love ITF for the build items alone. There's this one shrub for example I've been using a lot since I got ITF. But also the transparent ceilings and all that <3

No new house to show today, I've started work on a new world (more about that soon, probably in another topic :p )

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
I do have a new house! I build it in a about 3 hours, so fairly quick haha

The house is called Kainga, meaning Home in Maori.
It's a starter home with 2 bedrooms and plenty room to expand. It costs exactly 16k! haha So a single Sim would have 500 to spare.

Oh and of course it's up for download as well :)
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.htm ... Id=8052220

I like building a starter home, but it's so challenging! 16k is not a lot. around 7 to 10k goes into walls/windows/flooring and wallpaper alone.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Ohhh that's really cool! Now I want to make a starter home as well (you should know, I always fail at creating starter homes in TS3).

Gnome Collector
96 Posts

I'm on a building spree it seems. Starter homes are really fast to build! Though the budget is tough. I built another one! This time in/for The Sim Supply's world.
:) http://thesimsupply.com/Aluna-Island/ca ... 4so0s.html

Ok, I'll stop with posting my builds for a while haha :P
I feel like I'm taking over the thread

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Another cool one! I haven't attempted to create a starter's lot yet, but I will soon.
I agree they are tough to build!
Usually what I do to keep the costs down is to use the 0 Simoleons wooden floor haha :p

Gnome Collector
96 Posts
haha I used those wooden floors in the first one. But they didn't match my 'style' in the second one. I try to use cheap furniture and decor too. And of course Buydebug!

Nooboo
8 Posts
:woot: So many beautiful houses and so many styles...don't know which one I like more.Wonderful work everyone.

Well since I'm a builder addict here is my latest house that I started last night.

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts

Gnome Collector
96 Posts

Gnome Collector
96 Posts

More pictures here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/113096526 ... 510146385/

AND! up for download here :)
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.htm ... Id=8112468

Also, it's CC free :) Only lots of store content and EP/SP :)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Ohhh so cool! Love the colours and the entire building too lol. Very different from my buildings, I get inspiration from this haha. xD

Here's something I'm working on. Though these are for my world. The buildings here are nothing like what I usually build. :D

Terrible Townie
37 Posts
That looks great Rosie! Really love the American style of the world! And why is there a huge garbage pile?! D:

• Stats