Discuss anything related to The Sims 3 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

Which Showtime will you get?

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Which version of Showtime are you pre-ordering?

The Sims 3 Showtime - Katy Perry Collector's Edition - £34.99 / $49.96
Rise to Fame in The Sims 3 Showtime Katy Perry Collector’s Edition with unique Katy Perry themed in-game content and exclusive poster. This Collector’s Edition includes a full expansion pack, plus downloadable content including a venue, two bespoke guitar picks, Katy Perry themed hairstyle, fashions, guitar, and fruit stage props.

Collector’s Edition: Enjoy The Sims 3 Showtime Expansion pack and an Ultimate Stage bonus venue plus special Katy Perry themed iconic content including fashions, a guitar, two bespoke guitar picks, a hairstyle, and various stage props plus an exclusive Katy Perry poster

------------

The Sims 3 Showtime - Limited Edition - £24.99 / $39.99
Exclusive Limited Edition content for pre-order only: Get your exclusive venue for your Sims world so you can put on the best show in town as soon as you get your hands on the game! This provides an epic concert setting so you rise to fame with your Sims quickly and easily, using all of the best features from Showtime. Includes venue and pre-made stage with spot lighting and stage rig.

------------

The Sims 3 Plus Showtime - Live Edition - $49.99
The Sims 3 Plus Showtime includes both The Sims 3 and The Sims 3 Showtime expansion pack in one!

------------

I ordered the (Katy Perry) Collector's Edition myself. I have a thing for the collector's editions. :woot:

Team Llama
337 Posts
I think I will go for the limited edition. Katy Perry has nice music but I don't feel like having the edition with her included. Besides, I don't think it's fair to the stars who have been working together with The Sims in the past. They never got a collectors edition like this one, like Hilary Duff for example.

When they do it, they have to do it right and with all the stars. Not just one because she is better or anything like that. Besides, the same content is in the limited edition and I think Sims and real people should be seperated from each other like it's always been. But that's just me ;) I don't dislike people who do like her and think it's great. I'm happy for them there is this " special" edition. :)

PS: I really LOVE the layout of the plus live edition. Too bad I already have The Sims 3 and only need Showtime....
-->> Klik hier voor Patricia's SNW Blog /Nieuwe update 12-01-2012
--> Klik hier voor het dagboek van de familie Engelman /Nieuwe update 15-01-2012

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I get what you're saying and I agree, they should do this with all the stars who work on this, but, I think it looks cool nevertheless. Also, I just want the special editions lol. XD I do believe the Katy Perry version does have some extra in-game stuff btw.

And I agree on the Sims 3 plus Showtime pack. It looks amazing. Also not going to buy that one since I am already buying the collector's edition and I would like to save some money where possible. :p

Team Llama
337 Posts
True, the box of Katy Perry does look nice ^_^ And of course, if you are a special edition collectors fan then you should have it ;) I was like that as well. But I learned to controle my feelings about things I REALLY wanted, or things I wanted because of the name/special occasion and so on :P But if you can afford it, why not? :D

It doesn't include extra or new stuff though. It's the same as the collectors edition without Katy Perry, at least what's what I read about it. :)

I hope all is going well for you and the house and everything :D
-->> Klik hier voor Patricia's SNW Blog /Nieuwe update 12-01-2012
--> Klik hier voor het dagboek van de familie Engelman /Nieuwe update 15-01-2012

Gnome Collector
75 Posts
The Katy Perry CE includes everything in the Showtime LE: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/fksbgl
Rosana is right: the Katy Perry CE includes more than the LE:
"The Collector’s Edition includes a downloadable venue, plus a Katy Perry themed hairstyle, fashions, guitar, fruit-themed stage props, and an exclusive poster."
Source: http://thesims.com/en_us/the-sims-3-sho ... rs-edition

The Dutch physical version also includes two guitar picks:
http://www.simsnetwerk.com/nieuws/2012/ ... me-box-art

You can pre-order the Katy Perry CE here: http://www.mycom.nl/Product/Software-en ... ry/1309658 (or somewhere else ofc, but this one is the cheapest I could find at the moment)

Bella's Best Friend Forever
2137 Posts
I already pre ordered the Limited Edition for Showtime :)
Forum Rules | Forum Regels | [url=http://www

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Kewl. And indeed Nefje, the Katy Perry edition does have some extras that are not included in the other versions. But I do get why people would choose to buy the Limited Edition rather than the Collector's Edition. We used to be financially challenged as well and back then I did have to be careful about the things I would buy. Also the reason I missed out on the (new) versions of Sims 2 Deluxe and Double Deluxe. The collector that I am, I would have liked to have those, new. So yeah.

Nooboo
3 Posts
I think I just got the normal edition. Wasn't too fussed about Katy Perry. I had a rubbish laptop at the time of getting it so I couldn't play in the world very well without lag. I have a much much much better PC now but Sunlit Tides has taken my heart and that is the only world I love to bits. :P

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Awww I love Sunlit Tides as well. My fave is probably Lucky Palms even though I don't even like the desert xD

• Stats