Discuss anything related to The Sims 3 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

Can't take screenshots or videos in Sims 3 on Mac

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
So I recently bought an iMac. So far so good. Until I installed every Sims 3 game I have (everything, except Pets). The game looks awesome. I can play smoothly and I'm really happy about that. But when I tried to take a screenshot with "C", nothing happened! I tried this on several places in the game. So far taking pictures in the neighborhood didn't work at all. In CAS I did hear the camera sound after pressing C. However when I go into the Launcher, there are NO screenshots. Screenshots folder is empty. I'm really frustrated about this. As for videos, no luck there either.

So I Googled, and as it turns out, I'm no the only Mac user with this issue. Apparently it used to work, yep, in the past. Before certain patches. I thought patches were supposed to FIX things, not break them?!

Anyway if you want to let EA know you are a Mac user with a similar problem, go to this thread on the official forums (Language US) and tell them! Please, for all Mac users with this problem. So far EA has done nothing for the people who have this issue. They either ignore or give out false solutions.

The one thing that does allow one to take screenshots (similar to print screens on Windows) is to use:
CMD + SHIFT + 3 (this allows the user to take a screen of the entire screen)
CMD + SHIFT + 4 (this allows the user to take a screen of a part of the screen, doesn't work on older Macs)

It's not the best solution, but until EA fixed this, it's all we've got. :yuck:

The screenshots taken this way are really large in size though, since they are saved as PNG. So you'll have to edit and save them as JPG instead if you're going to upload them on forums and such.

I really hope this helps!

• Stats