Discuss anything related to The Sims 3 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

Limited Edition?

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
So which version will you buy? In case you're wondering what the difference is between the normal version and the limited edition, read this snippet from my Pets preview:
The Limited Edition for The Sims 3 Pets on PC is obviously different from the regular edition. It has a special Pet Store where Sims can go to buy items - accessories and objects - for their pets. You won't be able to buy pets in the Pet Store though, as there will be plenty of other ways to get pets.
Now I even heard you won't be able to build your own pet stores if you don't own the Limited Edition, but I don't know if this is true.

But will this convince you to get the limited edition? Or does it not really matter to you whether you have the limited edition or just the regular edition? I'm curious. :)

I myself will pre-order the Limited Edition. :cute:

Team Llama
337 Posts
I want to pre-order the limited edition, and yes the difference does matter. I want to have that shop, I need to have that shop.

Do you know a good online shop where I can pre-order?
-->> Klik hier voor Patricia's SNW Blog /Nieuwe update 12-01-2012
--> Klik hier voor het dagboek van de familie Engelman /Nieuwe update 15-01-2012

Bella's Best Friend Forever
2137 Posts
I ordered the Limited Edition at the EA Store. :)
Forum Rules | Forum Regels | [url=http://www

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
So did you order a digital version or can you also get a boxed version in the EA Store? I'm just wondering because I don't have a lot of experience buying games from the EA Store. I've only bought digital items through the EA Store in the past.

Anyway, @Patricia, if you don't mind an English box, you could buy the Limited Edition at Play.com (I often buy it at Play.com). It's often cheaper than the Dutch stores. But... there is a downside. Because the games are from the UK and in the UK the games are released one day later than in NL. Then there is also the shipping itself. There are no shipping costs but they send it from the UK so it will take a few days before you receive it in NL.

I don't know yet which stores in NL will sell the Limited Edition. I myself am planning on buying it at Amazon UK. Usually the same price as Play, but quicker in delivery. However so far I don't see the Limited Edition on Amazon. So I still have to make a decision. Play I think...

2137 Posts

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Ah okay. I'm a bit of an insane collector I guess. I want the boxed version lol! :cute:

2137 Posts
haha, I lose them so I thought, I'm going to buy the digital one, I have all my sims 3 games digital so why not this one? Would look weird haha :p

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Yeah I understand ^^ I also have all of the Sims 3 games digital. When you buy a boxed version, and you claim them in the Downloader/Origin first, it will be added as a digital version as well so then you have both. :D

Team Llama
337 Posts
I want the boxed version as well. I don't trust the online buying anymore sinds Origin. After it updated I bought a few games online and I just can't install it. It gives an error everytime. I'm done with it..

I'll go and see if I can find it in any Dutch online game store. I always have the Dutch version. ^_^
-->> Klik hier voor Patricia's SNW Blog /Nieuwe update 12-01-2012
--> Klik hier voor het dagboek van de familie Engelman /Nieuwe update 15-01-2012

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
EA did announce that the Limited Edition would be in most of the larger stores in NL. So it shouldn't be too much of a problem to find one. :D But maybe they won't announce/post it in the online stores until a month before the release?

• Stats