Discuss anything related to The Sims 3 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

Ideas for stuff packs

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I created this topic to share ideas. It's unlikely the ideas will ever make it as a stuff pack, but I'd still like to ask... what kind of stuff pack would you like to have?

If I could decide on this I'd know what I'd ask for... The complete Ultra Lounge series from The Sims 3 Store as a stuff pack. And the kids room sets from The Sims 3 Store as well. Also a pack filled with victorian home building objects would be awesome, like The Sims 2 Mansion & Garden Stuff. It has these awesome Victorian doors, windows, roofs et cetera. Oh how I've love something like that!

How about you? :)

Team Llama
337 Posts
Ehm... I need to think about that. It would be so much more fun if they made a stuff pack focused on baby's, toddlers and children. Or soon a stuff pack focused on pets.

For the rest I hardly buy stuff packs because I thought they were better with The Sims 2. With The Sims 3 I don't like them that well. Or maybe it's because of the online store and everything. I'm not really a fan of all that. Although I like some things of it.
-->> Klik hier voor Patricia's SNW Blog /Nieuwe update 12-01-2012
--> Klik hier voor het dagboek van de familie Engelman /Nieuwe update 15-01-2012

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I do like a lot of things in the store, I just don't like the prices lol. I agree Sims 2 stuff packs were more fun. Although I do like the Design & High Tech one for The Sims 3. I caught myself using that one a lot.

Team Llama
337 Posts
Yeah, maybe I should say I don't like the prices either. Just like the new world they want to sell for 25 dollars/euro's. Insane. Anyway, clothes and hair. They should really get more of that in stuff packs.
-->> Klik hier voor Patricia's SNW Blog /Nieuwe update 12-01-2012
--> Klik hier voor het dagboek van de familie Engelman /Nieuwe update 15-01-2012

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Agreed! Especially everyday hairstyles... So my Sim can actually look like the real life me :p

Nooboo
5 Posts
Now that the Sims 3 Expansion and Stuff Pack cycle is finished I might as well post my ideas on what they should do now.

If I was the Sims 3 team I would compile every single item released on the store in 3 month increments and release them in a stuff pack called Sims 3 Store Stuff Volume One, Volume Two and such forth.

This would save space on the servers and the store could keep 3 months worth of items for sale for SimPoints.

I would also make retail versions of all the store worlds.

just my thoughts :)

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I agree on the store worlds, however not the store content. If you look at how much store content there is, there is NO way they would ever compile it into just three volumes. All stuff packs have had roughly 60 items each, and this was during The Sims 2 era. I do believe it's about the same (or even less) with The Sims 3. Considering a store set on average has 20 items, they would at most combine 3-4 store sets for each pack. I don't ever see that happening. I've said it when they launched the store in 2009, that they should be offering the stuff on disc instead, as not everyone is on the internet, some don't have a decent connection, and on top of that it's pretty expensive. Yet I buy everything anyway. But oh well. One can dream I suppose.

• Stats