Discuss anything related to The Sims 3 in this forum. You can showcase your own items here as well. Or participate in one of our legacies!

What Are The Best Bits?

Do YOU Like TS3?

Total votes : 0

Servo's Slave
103 Posts

I hoping y'all remember me. :D I have resurfaced and I'm going stir crazy not being able to buy TS3 until I get a new laptop. :P I was at the supermarket and practically had a fit when I saw TS3 on the shelves!

So, as I don't think there's already a thread like this, I'd love it if you all could tell me what you think the best bits are. And also, did the latest patch fix the issue people were having with not being able to turn off story progression?

Oh, and what are the babies/toddlers like? I'm having trouble finding screenshots with them in and I am such a big fan of the wee ones!

I hope you're all well. :)

~ Galatea

P.S. If there's already a similar thread to this somewhere, please link me!
:star02: :happy: :star02: :uhm: :star02: :frusty: :star02: :giggle: :star02:

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
I remember you of course! Welcome back :D
I like TS3, I miss a lot of things from TS2 (stuff from expansions, but also from the base game).
I still play both (TS2 and TS3).
I've grown to like it more now though.

I am currently playing in a household I created with 5 kids, 1 child boy, twins boys toddlers and twins girls toddlers. I will make and post pics here soon. Promised. I'd love to see more people post. That would motivate me as well :p

I don't know if I have many bugs in my game. But I do have one and it's pretty annoying! I did patch the game so that's not the problem. But I turned the music volume down so I hear the Sims, sound fx etc better. So when I go into build mode or buy mode, the music is not very loud (which is good, it's annoying when you have to constantly adjust the sound on your speakers lol). Same for radio stations. But when a new song starts, it resets the sound to max volume so I'll have to adjust the volume on my speakers again. It doesn't reset the sound slider in the options panel. It just plays loudly. So then I have adjusted the volume on my speakers (especially when building, because I can spend a lot of time doing that). And when the song is finished and another one starts, the sound is back to normal again, so I have to put my speaker volume up again in order to hear anything. Quite an annoying bug I can tell ya! :(

Other than that I don't really know if I have bugs in my game (probably, but haven't seen em yet).

Oh and there wasn't a thread like this yet. Feel free to open new threads if you have ideas! I love it when members have ideas :D

(We're merging the Dutch and English forums soon, this summer. So there will be more activity once we're done working on the new site).

Servo's Slave
103 Posts

That does sound very annoying! I hope they fix that in the next patch. In a way it's good that I have to wait for TS3 as it's more likely that the annoying glitches/bugs will have been fixed. xD

The merge sounds exciting, and the prospect of more people. Will we all transfer to another site and have different logins etc? Just curious because knowing me I won't realise and will just be sat here wondering where everyone disappeared off to!

SNW Webmiss
14293 Posts
Well we now have 2 separate databases and we have to merge them. It's a lot of work and it means we'll have some issues with duplicate stuff like logins. So we probably have several people on both sites with names like simslover and girlie2 and numerous other names. So we'll rename the duplicate names, notify the "owners" of these names and they'll have the change to choose a new name, have the old one removed or just leave things the way they are after we rename them. We'll give them a few choices but we have no other choice but to rename a few.

Some people really do have two accounts on the sites (most of our team members and some regular members. We'll try and merge all the posts if possible.

So the login will stay the same if your account isn't a duplicate one. If there are duplicate accounts on the English site, we'll rename those, unless the English version is in use like yours. Then we'll rename the Dutch one (although I've never seen anyone on our Dutch site with your username, I think your name is safe :p)

It will eventually mean less work for us as a team since we can switch easily between the English and Dutch site. And the forums will be on a subdomain, shared. English on top, Dutch below. A smaller forum (not as long as this one) and yet it will have more forums. Mainly because we'll have more subforums, makes it cleaner and tidier. :D

It's a lot of work though and I'm trying really hard to finish it this summer. :)

Servo's Slave
103 Posts
Wow, you certainly sound like you have your work cut out for you! I'll look forward to seeing the end result - I'm sure it'll be fab. :D

• Stats